Idaho Free License Plate Lookup
You don’t want to incur unexpected costs in maintaining a car, especially if you are on a tight budget. As such, reviewing information about the cars that you wish to buy can help you save money.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Idaho:
The Idaho Transportation Department serves as another good source of vehicle information in the state. You may inquire by contacting (208) 334-8000, or by visiting the General Information Request page.
Idaho License Plates & Placards
New residents have 90 days to register and title their vehicles. The VINs of their cars must also undergo inspection. The following documents are usually required in a vehicle’s registration and titling: (1) current vehicle title, (2) current vehicle registration, (3) and the applicant’s personal identification. The Division of Motor Vehicles under the Transportation Department of Idaho issues license plates in the state. Idaho license plate’s standard format has four numerical digits and three letters. Vehicle owners must display two plates on their vehicles, one on the front and one on the rear.
If you have concerns about plates, you may reach out to the nearest Idaho DMV office using Idaho DMV page.
Types of Idaho License Plates
Apply for a personalized plate by filling out the form. Once you’re done, submit with your registration through:
Idaho Transportation Department
P.O. Box 7129
Boise ID 83707-1129
Follow the instructions on the form to process your application. Call (208) 334-8649 for more information about special license plates.
Transferring of License Plates in Idaho
For most situations, the license plate of a car can be transferred to another vehicle upon request. The process of transferring a license plate in Idaho is further detailed in Idaho DMV Top 10 Tips to Avoid Trouble page.
More Resources for Washington Drivers:
- Idaho Internet Application for Driver’s License or Identification Card Replacement
- Idaho Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Idaho Conditional Title Application and Fact Sheet
- Idaho Vehicle and Sales Tax
- Idaho Driver Manual
Buying a used car in Idaho? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Idaho-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Idaho License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Idaho-registered vehicle.