Kansas Free License Plate Lookup
Some bad cars are obvious in plain sight, while others need more research to reveal. Make sure you only pick the good cars instead of bad ones, by learning about each vehicle unit.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Kansas:
The Division of Vehicles under the Kansas Department of Revenue might be able to service your information needs about Arkansas vehicles too. If you have questions about title and registration, you may call at: 785-296-3621. You may want to visit the Contact Us page for other concerns.
Kansas License Plates & Placards
Vehicle registration and titling can be requested through the local county treasurer’s office. Those who failed to register their vehicles within 60 days of the vehicle’s purchase or ownership transfer are penalized. The Kansas Department of Revenue is the license plate provider in the state. The standard serial format of the state’s plate has three letters and three numbers. The agency requires only a single rear plate for each vehicle unit.
Additional plates can be requested for lost or stolen plates by filling out the replacement/duplicate form.
Types of Kansas License Plate
There are five (5) plate types available for issuance in Kansas. You may want to check out each plate design for specific requirements.
- Personalized License Plates
- Educational Institution License Plates
- Other Organizational Distinctive License Plates
- Military Distinctive License Plates
- Other Distinctive License Plates
Transferring of License Plates in Kansas
If you wish to process a plate transfer, you need to follow the requirements listed by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
More Resources for Kansas Drivers:
- Kansas Licenses and ID Cards
- Kansas Vehicle Tags, Titles and Registration
- Kansas Renewing, Extending or Replacing your Driver’s License Out of State
- Kansas Vehicle Forms and Publications
- Kansas Driving Handbook
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.