Pennsylvania Free License Plate Lookup
All motor vehicles being driven and moved upon any highway in the state of Pennsylvania are required to be titled and registered by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Pennsylvania:
Pennsylvania License Plates & Placards
People living in Pennsylvania who are driving a motor vehicle are required to maintain current vehicle registration to obtain a license plate and drive it on the highway.
People who just moved into Pennsylvania are required to make application for Pennsylvania title and registration of their vehicles within 20 days of establishing residency in Pennsylvania. VIN verification is required for out of state vehicles.
When registration is complete, license plates shall be issued by the department to be displayed on the assigned vehicle. Registration stickers will no longer have to be displayed since PennDOT will no longer issue Vehicle Registration stickers effective Dec. 31, 2016.
For lost, stolen, damaged or illegible license plate, you may apply for a new plate at the Department of Transportation. If the plate is lost or stolen, you must report the loss to the police within 48 hours.
Types of Pennsylvania License Plates
- Standard Issue
- Air Force Cross
- Airborne Unit
- Bronze Star
- Bronze Star for Valor
- Combat Action Badge
- Combat Infantryman Badge
- Combat Action Medal
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Combat Medical Badge
- Distinguished Flying Cross
- Distinguished Service Cross
- Ex-Prisoner of War
- Expeditionary Forces
- Gold Star Family
- Korean Defense Service
- Korean War Veteran
- Medal of Honor
- Merchant Marine
- Navy Cross
- Operation Enduring Freedom
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Pearl Harbor Survivor
- Pennsylvania National Guard
- Persian Gulf War Veteran
- Purple Heart
- Silver Star
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Air Force Veteran
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Army Veteran
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Navy Veteran
- Veteran Motorcycle
- Vietnam War Veteran
- World War II
- Special Fund
- Wild Resource Conservation Fund
- Pennsylvania Zoological Council Fund
- Preserve Our Heritage
- Honoring Our Veterans
- Honoring Our Veterans Motorcycle
- Pennsylvania Monuments
- Pennsylvania Share the Road
- Special Organizations
- Personalized Plates
- Teen Driver
- In God We Trust
Transferring of License Plates in Pennsylvania
License plates may be transferred to another vehicle owned by the registrant or to another vehicle owned by the registrant’s spouse, parent or child.
More Resources for Pennsylvania Drivers:
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Pennsylvania Vehicle Title and Registration
- Pennsylvania Registration Plates
- Pennsylvania Vehicle Inspection Information
- Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration Fees
- Pennsylvania Driver’s Manual
Buying a used car in Pennsylvania? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Pennsylvania-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Pennsylvania License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Pennsylvania-registered vehicle.