Audi VIN Check
Audi has left an indelible mark on vehicle industry, being the first vehicle manufacturer to introduce concepts such as left-hand driving and crash testing. Run our free VIN check and search over 2.5 million Audi vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, recalls, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Audi Recall Lookup
Audi recalled 1.27 million vehicles worldwide at risk of overheating due to its electrical wires. Improper coatings may cause sparks and eventually lead to fire. Over 34 million vehicles in the US, including Audi vehicles, have been recalled due to Takata airbags that could explode violently and injure or kill the occupants.
Watch out for any vehicle risks! In addition to running our free VIN check, you can search for any open recalls associated with your VIN using the official Audi Recall Lookup page below:
If there is any pending recall for your vehicle, contact any authorized Audi dealership to properly address any underlying issues. These can usually be repaired free of charge.
Other Resources for Audi
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Audi vehicles include:
- Audi Owner’s Manual (from The Audi Website)
- Audi Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute of Highway Safety)
- Audi Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Audi Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Audi Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Audi
Audi AG is a German automobile manufacturer based in Ingolstadt, Germany. The automaker’s exciting journey into being one of the best-selling luxury vehicles in the world, along with BMW and Mercedes-Benz, started with engineer August Horch in 1910.
Audi is a member of the Volkswagen Group, manufacturing luxury cars and SUVs in nine production facilities plants around the world. Audi revolutionized modern rallying with Audi Quattro, a four-wheel-drive turbocharged car which was the first of its kind to compete in racing. Audi’s remarkable success in motorsports demonstrated its effectiveness in publicizing technical superiority.
Interesting facts about Audi:
- Michèle Mouton, the first female driver to win a World Rally Championship, drove an Audi Quattro and competed for the Audi factory team.
- Audi Quattro is considered one of the most important rally cars of all time.
- Audi’s four-ring logo represents the four manufacturers that merged to create Audi’s predecessor company called Auto Union.
- Audi has partnered with a team of scientists in Germany to build a Quattro-powered Lunar Rover (to be named Audi Lunar Quattro) which will be an entry to Google’s Lunar XPRIZE with a $30 million prize money.
- Audi opened its first North American manufacturing plant in Puebla, Mexico to produce second generation Audi Q5 starting September 2016.
Popular models from Audi include:
Why should I run an Audi VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: