Ford VIN Check
Search over 38 million Ford vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, recalls, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Ford Recall Lookup
Ford holds the record for the largest recall by a manufacturer in the US auto industry. In 1980, Ford recalled 21 million vehicles from 10 model years for a problem that caused some vehicles to slip from park to reverse.
Based on a study conducted by iSeeCars.com, an automotive data and research company, Ford has a recall rate of 1,139 per 1,000 vehicles. The researchers used National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) data from January 1985 to September 2016 to calculate recall rates and other metrics. Recall rates are calculated by dividing the total number of vehicles affected by a recall by the number of new vehicles sold during the same period.
To check if your Ford vehicle has an open recall, you can either run a free VIN check at VinCheck.info or through the official Ford Owner’s website below:
If any safety recalls within the past 15 years are found, these issues can usually be repaired free of charge at authorized Ford dealerships
Other Resources for Ford
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Ford vehicles include:
- Ford Owner’s Manual (from the Ford Website)
- Ford Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Ford Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Ford Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Ford Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Ford
Ford Motor Company is an American automobile manufacturer founded in June 16, 1903 by Henry Ford. It is one of the largest family-owned multinational companies in the world. The Dearborn, Michigan-based automaker offers Ford automobiles and commercial vehicles as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles.
Interesting facts about Ford:
- Ford Focus was one of the best-selling cars in the world in 2015.
- Based on brand value (in billion U.S. dollars) as of 2017, Ford is the fourth most valuable brand in the automotive industry worldwide.
- Ford is the third leading automaker in the world (by share of revenue), with a market share of 6.8%.
- North America is the most profitable segment for Ford. In 2013, it sold over three million units in the North American market.
- Ford is the only automaker to earn the recognition as one of Ethisphere Institute’s 2015 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- Ford Pick-Up is the third most stolen vehicle in 2016 according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
Popular models from Ford include:
Why should I run a Ford VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: