Mercedes-Benz VIN Check
The best-selling luxury brand for the second year in 2017, Mercedes-Benz has over 27 million units registered in the United States. Search millions of vehicle records across the country with 100% free VIN check service:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to claim a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Mercedes-Benz Recall Lookup
Mercedes-Benz has the lowest recall rate in the United States from 1985 to 2016, with a rate of 624 recalls per 1,000 cars sold. The brand has been affected by Takata as well as Daimler AG air bag recalls, with over 700,000 and 500,000 cars recalled, respectively.
In addition to getting a free VIN check, you can do a VIN lookup to search for any open recalls at the official Mercedes-Benz Owner’s website below:
If your vehicle is involved in a recall, please contact your preferred authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.
Other Resources for Mercedes-Benz
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Mercedes-Benz vehicles include:
- Mercedes-Benz Owner’s Manual (from the Mercedes-Benz Website)
- Mercedes-Benz Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Mercedes-Benz Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Mercedes-Benz Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Mercedes-Benz Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz is a global automobile manufacturer based in Württemberg, Germany and a division of the German company Daimler AG. The company originated from the creation of the first petrol-powered car, the Benz Patent Motorwagen, by Karl Benz, and the addition of a petrol engine to a stagecoach by Gottlieb Daimler and engineer Wilhelm Maybach in 1886. The marque is known for its luxury vehicles, trucks, coaches, and buses.
Interesting facts about Mercedes-Benz:
- Mercedes-Benz’s emblem is a three-pointed star that symbolizes air, land, and sea. It has become an enduring icon in the automotive industry for tradition, innovation, and quality.
- The trademark name was initially created by Austrian automobile entrepreneur and racing enthusiast Emil Jellinek who named it after his daughter, Mercedes. Jellinek sold Mercedes cars and raced using Mercedes as his pseudonym. Mercedes-Benz became a protected trademark after the Daimler-Benz merger was completed.
- The popemobile used by Pope Benedict XVI was a Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV customized with extra features like a bullet-proof glass and an oxygen system. The brand is known for customizing vehicles for VIPs.
- Famous owners of the iconic Mercedes-Benz 600 include celebrities, royalty, magnates, and political leaders. Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Hugh Hefner, Jack Nicholson, Coco Chanel, Aristotle Onassis, Fidel Castro, and Elizabeth Taylor owned a Mercedes-Benz 600.
- Mercedes-Benz prices range from $34,475 for their entry-level C-Class model to several hundred thousand dollars for their high-end models. A new Mercedes-Benz SUV can cost over a hundred thousand dollars.
- The Mercedes slogan, “the best or nothing,” stands for Mercedes-Benz’s promise to deliver the best in terms of performance, design, innovation, safety and environment.
Popular models from Mercedes-Benz include:
Why should I run a Mercedes-Benz VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run our free VIN Check here at VINCheck.info to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: