Volvo VIN Check
Volvo is one of the top leading truck manufacturers in the world, trailing only Germany’s Daimler and VW-MAN-Scania, as well as Dongfeng and FAW of China, and India’s number one truck manufacturer Tata. Search over 1.2 million Volvo vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to lookup a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Volvo Recall Lookup
Surprisingly, Volvo is included in the list of the 10 most recalled car brands since the company has a reputation of producing the safest cars in world.
Volvo recalls mostly involve the Volvo S60 and S80 due to low-volume recalls. A more prominent recall from Volvo is a software glitch requiring reprogramming that affected 59,000 vehicles worldwide.
In addition to the VinCheck report above, you can run a free check for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Volvo Owner’s website below:
If you found out your Volvo has an open recall, you need to be serviced by Volvo dealers. Owners may also contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552.
Other Resources for Volvo
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Volvo vehicles include:
- Volvo Owner’s Manual (from the Volvo Website)
- Volvo Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Volvo Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Volvo Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Volvo Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Volvo
Volvo Cars is a Swedish vehicle manufacturer founded in 1927 by Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larsson who emphasized safety as the guiding principle for every car made by the company. Volvo’s headquarters is in Hisingen, Gothenburg, and 61.4 percent of its 31,416 employees were still in Sweden as of 2016.
Volvo (Latin word for “I roll”) manufactures sport utility vehicles, station wagons, sedans and compact executive sedans, and markets these vehicles with approximately 2,300 local dealers from around 100 national sales distributors worldwide. The brand is not only known for its focus on safety but also for style and performance.
Interesting facts about Volvo:
- In the 1970s, only Volvo cars were equipped with safety features such as child-proof locks, collapsible steering columns and rear-facing child seats.
- The modern seat belt was an innovation of Swedish inventor Nils Bohlin for Volvo who introduced it in 1959 as standard equipment.
- Volvo’s luxury models were outfitted with the V6 engine. Peugeot, Renault and Volvo collaborated to design the engine is also called PRV engine.
- Volvo Cars was once owned by AB Volvo, also a Swedish multinational manufacturing company, but was sold to Ford Motor Co. in 1999. Today, Volvo Cars is owned since 2010 by the Geely Holding Group, a Chinese multinational automotive manufacturing company.
- In July 2017, Volvo announced that its 2019 models will be fully electric or hybrid-electric.
Popular models from Volvo include:
Why should I run a Volvo VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: