Washington Free License Plate Lookup
To get Washington license plates, vehicle owners need to register the vehicle with the Washington DOL. You have 30 days once you establish residency in Washington to get your driver license, register your vehicle and get new plates.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Washington:
Washington License Plates & Placards
You must register your vehicle if you are a resident of Washington State and own and operate a vehicle on public roadways. If you are a new resident, you must register your vehicle within 30 days of becoming a resident.
If you are a Washington resident and purchased a vehicle in another state with the intention of driving it on a Washington roadway, you must register your vehicle immediately.
License plates must be displayed on both the front and rear of motor vehicles registered in Washington. License renewal month and year tabs are required only on rear plates.
If your tabs were lost, stolen, or damaged, you can replace them by submitting an Affidavit of Loss form to any vehicle licensing office. The tabs will be mailed the next business day. Return the original tabs to any vehicle licensing office, if they’re ever found.
Types of Washington License Plates
- Associations and Organizations
- Military and Veterans
- Parks and Environment
- Special Interests
Transferring of License Plates in Washington
You can transfer your vehicle license plates to another vehicle if the new vehicle is titled and registered in your name, and is registered in Washington State. You may transfer your license plate to another vehicle by mail or in person at a vehicle licensing office.
More Resources for Washington Drivers:
- Washington Driver’s License
- Washington Vehicle Registration
- Washington License Plates
- Washington Vehicle Titles
- Washington Vehicle Registration Fees
- Washington Driver Guide
Buying a used car in Washington? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Washington-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Washington License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Washington-registered vehicle.