Colorado Free License Plate Lookup
Beware of any offer that is too good to be true. Spot the red flags using the free vehicle history report from the Colorado free license plate lookup.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Colorado:
Colorado License Plates & Placards
Recently sold vehicles can be registered in Colorado within 60 days following the purchase. New residents have 90 days to register their vehicles, while owners who have just returned to the country have 45 days. Credentials, like insurance and identification documents, are usually required by the state to register cars. The Colorado Department of Revenue issues the license plates intended for the state. The current plate format for passenger cars has six characters, equally divided into numbers and letters. Two plates are issued for each car, one for the rear and another for the front.
To address your concern with lost/stolen plate or permit, you may fill out the affidavit.
Types of Colorado License Plate
There are five (5) types of license plate being issued in the state of Colorado. Keep in mind the requirements for each style of plate.
- Regular License Plates
- Group Special License Plates
- Military License Plate
- Alumni License Plates
- Other License Plates
Colorado DMV is also offering personalized plates. Fill out the corresponding application form of your chosen license plate style, then mail it to:
Department of Revenue
Vehicle Services Unit
P.O. Box 173350
Denver, Colorado 80217-3350
Once your request has been approved, you will receive notification about the fees and related information.
Transferring of License Plates in Colorado
You must meet the state’s requirements to transfer a license plate between two vehicles. Request a plate transfer as you apply for a title or vehicle registration. Read the FAQs – Registration page for more information about license plate transfer.
More Resources for Colorado Drivers:
- Colorado Registration Requirements
- Colorado FAQ – Driver License
- Colorado Online Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Colorado Vehicle Titling Information
- Colorado Vehicle Savings Calculator
- Colorado Driver Manual
Buying a used car in Colorado? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Colorado-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Colorado License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Colorado-registered vehicle.