Indiana Free License Plate Lookup
Some “cheap” vehicles might become more troublesome than they seem. They may surprise you with hidden costs as time goes by. Avoid hidden costs by accessing free vehicle history, using any Indiana license plate number.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Indiana:
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles can be requested for vehicle details as well. Visit the IN.gov Account Center page to request access to title, lien, and registration records. For inquiries, you may send an email or contact at 888-692-6841.
Indiana License Plates & Placards
Online registration can be done provided that: (1) the vehicle was bought within the last two months or 60 days, (2) and the title application form was submitted. Otherwise, you may register any car with older than 60 days purchase date at any BMV office. In the Lake and Porter counties, certain cars must be inspected for tampering and their emissions must be tested every two years. The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles handles affairs related to Indiana license plates. The state plate’s official serial format has three numbers and three letters. Indiana is among the few states that require only one plate per vehicle unit.
Request a replacement/duplicate license plate using the form. As stated in the form, plates that are damaged are not required to be turned over to the Indiana BMV.
Types of Indiana License Plates
There are six (6) plate types available for your passenger car in Indiana.
- College & University
Transferring of License Plates in Indiana
Generally, a license plate transfer from one vehicle to another is permitted by Indiana Code of 2017. Please visit the Indiana General Assembly website for more information about the legal clauses regarding plate transfer in Indiana.
More Resources for Indiana Drivers:
- Indiana Learner’s Permits & Driver’s Licenses Overview
- Indiana Renewing a Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Indiana Registration & Plates
- Indiana Titles
- Indiana Plate Cost Estimator
- Indiana Driver Manual
Buying a used car in Indiana? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Indiana-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Indiana License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Indiana-registered vehicle.