Free Hummer VIN Decoder
Decode your vehicle VIN on our free Hummer VIN decoder to access basic information on your car and its history. Enter your Hummer VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Hummer Recall Lookup
Hummer has stopped its production in 2010 but still has existing recalls for Hummer H3s and H3Ts due to electrical issues that could result to overheating of HVAC systems.
If a recall has been issued for your Hummer vehicle, contact Hummer customer service at 1-800-732-5493 or make an appointment with an authorized dealer as soon as possible to get it fixed.
Search for Hummer safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Hummer VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Hummer VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Hummer VIN: 137ZA83341E192491, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Hummer VIN decoding chart.
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- 3 = Manufacturer (AM General)
- 7 = Vehicle Type (Commercial Vehicles)
- Z = Engine Type (GM 6.5L Turbo Diesel)
- A = Transmission (GM 4 Speed Automatic)
- 83 = Model/Body Type (4 Passenger Hard Top HMC4)
- 3 = Gross Vehicle Weight Classification (10,001 lb to 14,000 lb)
- 4 = Security Code
- 1 = Model Year (2001)
- E = Plant (Mishawaka, Indiana)
- 192491 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Hummer VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Hummer vehicle.
Hummer Parts and Accessories Lookup
Whenever you need replacement parts for your Hummer vehicle, shop for genuine Hummer parts that were produced specifically for your vehicle and optimized to perform as the original.
Resources for Hummer Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Hummer VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Hummer which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Hummer, Hummer vehicles or to get a free Hummer vehicle history report, visit our Hummer VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Hummer VIN decoder in seconds!