Free Lincoln VIN Decoder
Run a vehicle history report to get information about your car. Use our free Lincoln VIN decoder service to look up your vehicle. Enter your Lincoln VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Lincoln Recall Lookup
Recently, the Ford Motor Company has issued safety recalls for Lincoln vehicles over faulty steering wheel issue. The recall covers Lincoln MKZ sedans from the 2014 through 2018 model years. The faulty steering wheels could detach from the steering wheel and cause the driver to lose control of the steering.
Dealers will replace the steering wheel bolt on the vehicle with a longer bolt with more robust thread engagement and larger nylon patch placed properly for proper torque retention— at no cost to customers.
Search for Lincoln safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Lincoln VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Lincoln VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Lincoln VIN, 1LNBP96F9EY745810, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Lincoln decoding chart.
- 1 = Manufacturer (Ford Motor Company USA)
- L = Make (Ford)
- N = Vehicle Type (Passenger car)
- B = Restraint Type (Active belts)
- P96 = Model (Town Car 4-Door Sedan)
- F = Engine Type (5.0L V8 OHV 16V RWD)
- 9 = Security Code
- E = Model Year (1984)
- Y = Plant (Wixom, Michigan, United States)
- 745810 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Lincoln VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Lincoln vehicle.
Lincoln Parts and Accessories Lookup
If you need to repair or customize your Lincoln vehicle, shop for genuine parts and accessories that are designed specifically for your luxury vehicle.
Resources for Lincoln Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Lincoln VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Lincoln which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Lincoln, Lincoln vehicles or to get a free Lincoln vehicle history report, visit our Lincoln VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Lincoln VIN decoder in seconds!