Free Lotus VIN Decoder
Lookup any VIN number on our Lotus VIN decoder for free. Get vehicle information such as the history including the model, manufacturer and more. Enter your Lotus VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Lotus Recall Lookup
Lotus has issued a recall for Elise and Exige models from the 2007 and 2008 model years built from December 1, 2006, through October 31, 2007. The oil cooler pipes could detach from its fittings that may result in fire due to oil leakage.
Owners of the affected vehicles are advised to bring their cars in to an authorized Lotus dealer for repairs, free of charge. For additional information you can contact Lotus at 1-800-245-6887.
Search for Lotus safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Lotus VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Lotus VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Lotus VIN, SCCLMDTU7BH055510, which we have decoded using the diagram.
- SCC = Manufacturer (Lotus Cars Ltd. United Kingdom)
- LMDTU = Model, Body Style, Engine Size (Evora Coupe 2-Door 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V)
- 7 = Security Code
- B – Model Year (2011)
- H = Plant (Hethel, UK)
- 055510 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Lotus VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Lotus vehicle.
Lotus Parts and Accessories Lookup
If your Lotus car needs replacement parts, it’s important to choose genuine Lotus parts and accessories to ensure its quality and durability.
Resources for Lotus Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Lotus VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Lotus which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Lotus, Lotus vehicles or to get a free Lotus vehicle history report, visit our Lotus VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Lotus VIN decoder in seconds!