Free VIN Report on Used Chrysler Vehicles
At the forefront of many automotive innovations, Chrysler is known for inventions that are now mass produced worldwide. Get the most out of a pre-owned Chrysler and none of the undeclared problems. Run our free VIN check and search over 6 million Chrysler vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Chrysler Recall Lookup
Fiat Chrysler announced two recalls in 2017 affecting a total of 1.33 million vehicles. Chrysler 300 (2011-2014 model years) cars were among 565,000 vehicles with alternator problems that can increase the risk of fire.
NHTSA’s current list of Takata airbag recalls include the Chrysler 300, Chrysler Aspen, and Chrysler Crossfire vehicles.
Watch out for any vehicle risk! Aside from running our free VIN check, search any open recall associated with your VIN using the official Chrysler Recall Lookup page below:
If there are any pending recalls for your vehicle, contact any authorized Chrysler dealership to properly address any underlying issue. These can usually be repaired free of charge.
Other Resources for Chrysler
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Chrysler vehicles include:
- Chrysler Owner’s Manual (from The Chrysler Website)
- Chrysler Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Chrysler Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Chrysler Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Chrysler Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Chrysler
Chrysler started as a company founded by Walter Chrysler in 1925. After going through mergers and acquisitions, the company eventually became an American subsidiary (officially called FCA US or Fiat Chrysler) of Italian-controlled Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. based in the Netherlands. The smallest of the “Big Three” American automakers, Chrysler has its headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
The flagship Chrysler brand of luxury sedans, convertibles and minivans is at the center of the parent company’s long term plan to compete again with Cadillac and other luxury brands. The Chrysler 300 has become a top choice for a premium full-size sedan.
Interesting facts about Chrysler:
- Chrysler 300C was hailed as one of “The 25 Most Iconic Hip-Hop Cars” by Complex.com due to its popularity in hip-hop music videos. Former US President Barack Obama owned one when he was still a senator of Illinois.
- FCA US also markets vehicles under the Dodge, Jeep, and Ram brands as well as replacement Chrysler parts under the Mopar brand.
- The Chrysler Building in New York City, an Art Deco-style skyscraper designed by William Van Allen, is the tallest brick building in the world.
- Chrysler’s most successful investment was the acquisition of American Motors (including the Eagle and Jeep brands) in 1987.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles projects that global sales (total for all brands) would grow more than twice as fast as the rest of the industry in 2018. Sales of the Chrysler brand are expected to double to 800,000 units in 2018.
Popular models from Chrysler include:
Why should I run a Chrysler VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: