Free VIN Report on Used GMC Vehicles
Named four times by Kelly Blue Book as one of the Most Refined Vehicle Brands, GMC is known for its high-end design and robust capability. Run our free VIN check and search over 7.9 million GMC vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
GMC Recall Lookup
About 800,000 vehicles, including those branded GMC, are being recalled by General Motors (GMC’s parent company) for their faulty power steering wheels caused by some electrical issues. Another recall covered 1800 vehicles (including Acadia cars) have brakes that may leak, increasing the risk of harm to vehicle occupants.
Watch out for any recall-related vehicle risk! Aside from running a free VIN check, you may also search for any open recall associated with your VIN using the official GMC Recall page below:
If there are any pending recalls for your vehicle, contact any authorized GMC dealership to properly address any underlying issue.
Other Resources for GMC
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for GMC vehicles include:
- GMC Owner’s Manual (from The GMC Website)
- GMC Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- GMC Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- GMC Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- GMC Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on GMC
The GMC marque can be traced back to the Rapid Motor Vehicle Company founded by Max Grabowski in 1902 which was acquired by General Motors in 1909. In the same year, Reliance Motor Car Company also become a part of General Motors. The division created in 1911 out of the merger of the two companies became known as GMC Truck which produces SUVs trucks and vans. The GMC lineup of products currently include light- and medium-duty trucks, pickup trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Since 1920, GMC trucks have been mechanically similar with Chevrolet trucks. Over the years, the differences between their lineup have varied. GMC vehicles offer distinct features, trim levels and minor styling refinements. In most cases, GMC SUVs and full-size pickups are superior in their class and have a more upscale image.
Interesting facts about GMC:
- In 1970, GMC introduced one of the most influential SUV models in US automotive history. GMC Jimmy was available in two-wheel-drive (2WD) and four-wheel-drive (4WD) variants.
- GMC’s pre-war models had become very popular after World War II even without major design changes in the design.
- For the fourth consecutive year, GMC earned Kelley Blue Book’s 2017 Brand Image Award for Most Refined
- In the 2016 J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study, the GMC brand ranked fifth overall after it gained five spots and the Yukon full-size SUV ranked highest in its segment.
Popular models from GMC include:
Why should I run a GMC VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a GMC VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle: