Free VIN Report for Used Kia Vehicles
Kia sold over half a million vehicles annually from 2013 to 2017 in the United States. The brand has improved over the years as a good choice for those who are looking for value-for-money luxury cars. Run our free VIN check and search millions of Kia vehicles registered across the country:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, recalls, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource. Our comprehensive database is also available to search vehicle history based on license plate number.
Kia Recall Lookup
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is looking into alleged non-deployment of ZF-TRW airbags in 2012-2013 Kia Fortes and 2011 Hyundai Sonatas in six crashes that resulted in injuries and four fatalities. Kia has not issued a recall as of March 2018 but it is working with NHTSA on the issue.
Aside from running our free VIN check, search for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Kia Owner’s website below:
Safety recall issues can be repaired free of charge at local authorized Kia dealers.
Other Resources for Kia
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Kia vehicles include:
- Kia Owner’s Manual (from the Kia Website)
- Kia Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Kia Market Values (from Kelly Blue Book)
- Kia Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Kia Cars for Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Kia
Kia Motors Corp. is the second largest automobile manufacturer in South Korea, following Hyundai Motor Co. which owns a 33.8 percent share (valued over $6 billion) in Kia Motors Corp. Founded in December 1944 as Kyungsung Precision Industry, the company was renamed Kia Industries in 1952 and started building vehicles for Mazda and Honda from the 1950s to the 1970s, and then for Ford in the 1980s. In 1973, Kia opened its first integrated automotive assembly plant in South Korea.
The Kia brand entered the US market in the early 1990s with the debut of the compact Sephia. Following its acquisition by Hyundai, Kia went through significant quality and performance improvements and refinement. Today, the Kia brand brings to mind value as well as sportiness and technology.
Interesting facts about Kia:
- In 2016, J.D. Power and Associates ranked Kia Motors first in model reliability in the United States. Kia is the first non-luxury automaker to top the list since 1989.
- Kia operates automobile factories in all continents except for Australia. Most of its plants are in Seoul, South Korea where the company’s headquarters is also located.
- As of 2015, Kia Motors Corp. owns 4.9 to 45.37 percent stake in 22 different Hyundai companies.
- Kia cars have won Road & Travel Magazine’s International Car of the Year award since 2013. The 2016 Kia Optima won 2016 International Car of the Year award and the 2016 Kia Sorento SUV won the International SUV of the Year (truck/utility category) award.
- Kia’s signature Tiger Nose grille was introduced by Peter Schreyer who lead the company’s growth through a complete restyling of Kia cars. Schreyer, a German car designer from Audi and Volkswagen, is famous for his work on the Audi TT.
Popular models from Kia include:
Why should I run a Kia VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: