Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese car maker Toyota. The Lexus marque is marketed in more than 70 countries and territories worldwide and has become Japan’s largest-selling make of premium cars. It has ranked among the 10 largest Japanese global brands in market value.
Lexus vehicles are largely produced in Japan, with manufacturing centered in the Chūbu and Kyūshū regions, and in particular at Toyota’s Tahara, Aichi, Chūbu and Miyata, Fukuoka, Kyūshū plants.
Here are some interesting facts about Lexus:
- The average price per unit of the make Lexus amounts to US$42,082.98 in 2017.
- Lexus have launched in many countries around the world but didn’t actually go on sale in Japan until 2005.
- The day that Lexus opened its doors in Japan was perhaps the busiest day in the brand’s history, opening at 142 dealerships across Japan on the same day in August 2005, and receiving over 250,000 visitors across the country.
- Lexus unveiled its very first car, the LS 400, in Cologne, Germany.
- The official logo of Lexus was created by an Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro. He rejected the first version of the logo, which featured a heraldic shield, in favor of a simple, but memorable design – stylized “L” within an oval.
- The leather used to upholster Lexus seats is made from the hides of cows that are kept without the use of barbed wire, to ensure perfect quality.
- In February 1990, American press called the Lexus LS 400 the best vehicle ever imported to the United States from Japan.
Popular models from Lexus include:
1. Lexus RC F
2. Lexus RC
3. Lexus NX
4. Lexus LX
5. Lexus LS
6. Lexus LC
7. Lexus IS
8. Lexus GS F
9. Lexus RX
10. Lexus ES
Why should I run a Lexus VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National
Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Lexus VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.