Suzuki VIN Check
Suzuki is among the world’s largest automakers, hitting an accumulated sales of 50 million units worldwide by 2013. Known for its affordability and value, the brand is now available as an option for used car buyers after it was discontinued in North America in 2012.
Shop wisely and make sure to run our free VIN check before you close the sale. Search over a million Suzuki vehicles registered in the United States:
Get your free vehicle history report by simply entering the 17-digit VIN above. Thefts, accidents, sales, title, specifications, and other critical vehicle information are compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Suzuki Recall Lookup
In 2013, Suzuki recalled 193,936 Suzuki SX4 and Grand Vitara vehicles to replace parts that cause front seat airbag deployment even if the occupant is a child. (Airbags can be dangerous to children, causing injury or even death.)
Other Resources for Suzuki
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Suzuki vehicles include:
- Suzuki Owner’s Manual (from Suzukipitstopplus.com)
- Suzuki Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Suzuki Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Suzuki Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Suzuki Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Suzuki
Suzuki Motor Corporation is a Japanese multinational corporation with headquarters in Minami-ku, Hamamatsu. Suzuki was founded as Suzuki Loom Works, maker of weaving looms for Japan’s silk industry and manufacturer of weaving machines for three decades. In 1955, a year after it changed its name, Suzuki produced its first passenger car called the 360 cc Suzulight. It took Suzuki around 30 years before it finally arrived in the United States market. Despite a setback in 1988 due to bad publicity about the safety of Suzuki Samurai, the company continued to expand its lineup and into other markets. However, in late 2012, sharp decline in sales prompted the company to discontinue its vehicle operations in the United States. Parts and services are still available through some dealers and existing warranties are still honored.
Interesting facts about Suzuki:
- Suzuki was the world’s ninth biggest automaker by production worldwide in 2014, with 35 manufacturing plants in 23 countries, and 133 distributors in 192 countries.
- Suzuki manufactures more cars than popular brands like BMW and Mercedes.
- Suzuki also manufactures four-wheel drive vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and outbound marine engines, wheelchairs and other small internal combustion engines.
- Some Daewoo cars were rebadged as Suzuki Forenza and Suzuki Verona after Suzuki and General Motors purchased Daewoo in 2004.
- Suzuki builds over 25 car models (including kei, city, subcompact, minivan, compact MPVs and off-road vehicles) and sells them around the world.
Popular models from Suzuki include:
Why should I run a Suzuki VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands which may cause problems in the future for used car buyers.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run VINCheck.info’s 100% free VIN Check now to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: