Alaska Free VIN Check: Get a Full Vehicle History
If you are in the market for a used car in Alaska, you can start your research by running a free VIN check here at VinCheck.info. Searching our database gives car buyers the ability to start shopping for a new ride from the convenience of their home. Lookup over 180,000 cars registered in the state of Alaska:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official federal and state government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search our database based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Alaska Title Request
To get essential information on title of registered vehicles in Alaska, request for a vehicle record at the official Alaska Department of Administration Division of Motor Vehicles website.
To obtain the information, you are required to certify that you are authorized to receive the information for one of the reasons allowed under the law. There is a $10.00 fee for all vehicle records which include a computer printout and any copies of documents retained in the microfilm files, if requested.
Alaska Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Alaska is a state in the United States located in the northwest extremity of North America. Alaska is the 49th state to join the Union and the 48th most populous state, with a population of approximately 741,894 people. The Capital of Alaska is Juneau, and the state is divided among 29 counties spanning 663,268 square miles. The largest cities in Alaska are Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Sitka, Ketchikan, Kenai, Kodiak, Soldotna, and Unalaska.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 183,259
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (Source: Alaska DOT’s 2016 Annual Report)
- 65 traffic fatalities were reported which is lower by 11 percent compared to fatalities in 2015.
- Unrestrained passenger vehicle fatalities decreased in 2015 to 15 from 21 in 2014.
- There are a total of 22 speeding-related fatalities.
- Motor Vehicle Thefts (Source: FBI’s 2016 crime report)
- The motor vehicle theft rate is 412.1 thefts for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- On average, 8.3 motor vehicles are stolen per day.
- Natural Disasters / Hazards
- Alaska has more earthquakes than any other region in the country and one of the most seismically active areas of the world.
Why should I run an Alaska VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands that you need to watch out for before buying a used car.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record by VIN search to make sure you are not buying a stolen car or a car with stolen parts.
Run VinCheck.info’s Alaska free VIN check now to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: