Maryland VIN Check
Lookup over 1.9 million cars registered in the state of Maryland. Avoid potential future problems, run a free Maryland VIN check:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Maryland Vehicle Information Request
Maryland’s Driver and Vehicle Record Access serves as additional source for Maryland vehicle information:
An e-government account is required to access Maryland’s vehicle database. To make an account, visit their registration page. Record search costs $12, but it is free for “approved government users.”
Maryland Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Maryland is a state located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. It is the 19th most populous state, with a population of approximately 6,016,447 people. The Capital of Maryland is Annapolis, and the state is divided among 23 counties spanning 12,407 square miles. Maryland was the 7th state to join union in April 28, 1788.
Facts and Statistics on Accidents, Thefts and Disasters
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 1,976,021
- Maryland Department of Transportation’s recent Annual Report revealed there were 107,789 crashes in 2015 alone.
- Of those crashes, 30,655 resulted in injuries.
- Impaired driving was the main factor in 162 fatalities.
- 71 fatalities had resulted from uncontrolled speeding.
- 76,654 of vehicle accidents had sustained only property damage.
- Between 2014 and 2015, vehicle fatalities had increased by 15.10 percent.
- Based on the data collated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2016, the total number of people killed in 2016 were identified as follows: 57 percent of them were vehicle occupants, 21 percent were pedestrians, 14 percent were motorcyclists, and three percent were bicyclists. The remaining five percent were unknown.
- According to the Neighborhood Scout, Maryland’s motor vehicle theft rate in 2016 was 1.97 thefts for every 1,000 inhabitants. A total of 11,834 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
- Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run a Maryland VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free Maryland VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: