Connecticut Free License Plate Lookup
Make sure that you pay for what you expect. Dig deeper into the past by getting a free vehicle history report for an associated Connecticut license plate number.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Connecticut:
You may also seek out the Connecticut DMV’s database for vehicle data. Request information to learn about vehicle details unavailable from other sources. If you have inquiries, you may contact at 860-263-5700 / 800-842-8222. You may also visit the Contact Us page.
Connecticut License Plates & Placards
You have 60 days to transfer your vehicle registration to the state after establishing your residency. Some vehicle types must undergo a VIN verification to register, while vehicle units that are older than 20 (model) years old are not required to be titled. Most vehicles are required to undergo an emission test, but some vehicles can be exempted from this rule. The Connecticut Division of Motor Vehicles provides plates with three letters and three numbers for passenger cars. Each car must hold two plates: the front and the rear plates.
Request replacement plates online if your current plate is damaged or missing.
Connecticut Special Plate Categories
There are eleven (11) types of plates being issued in the state of Connecticut. Please be aware of the requirements for each style of plate.
- Special Plates
- Animal Plates
- City and Town Plates
- College Plates
- Environmental Plates
- Military and Veteran Plates
- Organization Plates
- Police and Fire Organization Plates
- Recreational Plates
- Vanity Plates
- Varied Interest Plates
Transferring of License Plates in Connecticut
You can request the transfer of a license plate in Connecticut. For further instructions on how a license plate transfer is processed in the state, you may visit the Transfer Your Plate page.
More Resources for Connecticut Drivers:
- Connecticut Driver’s License and ID
- Connecticut Vehicle Registration
- Connecticut Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Connecticut Title Services
- Connecticut Driver Manuals
Buying a used car in Connecticut? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Connecticut-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Connecticut License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Connecticut-registered vehicle.