Mississippi Free License Plate Lookup
Learn not only the good side of a car but also the bad side using the Mississippi free license plate lookup. Enter the license plate number to get the corresponding vehicle history report.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Mississippi:
Mississippi License Plates & Placards
You must register your vehicle within 30 days of entering the state. Submit the state’s title/license application form, along with the vehicle’s latest title and registration receipt, at any Tax Collector’s office. An ownership documentation may be required if the vehicle has a lien or is rented. Late registration will be penalized with late registration fees plus a $250 penalty. If you bought your vehicle from a dealer, you may purchase a seven working day tag from them to drive the car. In addition to the tag, two extra days are provided if the vehicle was purchased beyond the home county. The official license plate provider of the state is the Mississippi Department of Revenue. The agency provides each car with a single plate containing three letters and three numbers.
A replacement license tag/decal can be requested if your existing one is lost, stolen, or damaged.
Types of Mississippi License Plate
There are seven (7) plate types containing more than 150 plate designs in Mississippi. To order, check out each plate’s requirements.
Transferring of Tags in Mississippi
Each tag in Mississippi is registered under an owner and a vehicle. A tag that is no longer valid can only be surrendered to a county tax collector. A transfer is not allowed.
More Resources for Mississippi Drivers:
- Mississippi Types of Licenses
- Mississippi Vehicle Registration
- Mississippi Online Tag Renewal
- Mississippi Tags and Titles
- Mississippi Motor Vehicle e-Services
- Mississippi Driver’s License Manuals
Buying a used car in Mississippi? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Mississippi-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Mississippi License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Mississippi-registered vehicle.