Free VIN Decoder and VIN Lookup
Run the VinCheck.info Free VIN decoder to review important details on any vehicle. No credit card required! We offer a full and thorough report compared to other services. For free VIN decoding, type the VIN below and click the Decode VIN button:
Can’t find the VIN?
How to Decode a VIN?
Tap into the wealth of data available on millions of vehicles. Each vehicle gets a fixed ID number in the production line called VIN. It is the most reliable way to get vehicle information. Databases managed by auto makers and US vehicle registration agencies carry the VINs. VinCheck.info works with these entities to update vehicle information into its own database.
Each section of the VIN has a different meaning. It is based on 1979 and 1980 ISO standards. Please refer to the diagram below for the matching value of each character or section.
Get more in-depth information on a vehicle in seconds. VinCheck.info’s free VIN decoder covers a range of critical areas you need to know.
- Vehicle details: what other VIN decoders may provide
- country of origin
- name of the maker
- engine type and size
- model year
- transmission type
Plus (+) our free add-on features:
- Market value: the estimated average value people are paying for the same car in your area
- Equipment details: air conditioning system, mirrors, safety features, tires, and other related items
- Fuel efficiency: the car’s city and highway mileage per gallon, fuel capacity and type
- Safety rating: IIHS crash ratings
- Crash-worthiness is how a vehicle protects its occupants in a crash.
- Crash avoidance and mitigation refer to technology to prevent a crash or lessen its severity
- Current warranty: type of coverage and warranty status
- Recalls and defects: latest recalls, impact on performance and safety, and available remedies
Decode any VIN Number for Free, Any Brand
Check if a car is right for you and uncover any potential safety issues. Run VINCheck.info’s free VIN decoder by clicking on any brand logo below: