Free Volkswagen VIN Decoder
If you were looking for a fast and easy Volkswagen VIN Decoder, then you have come to the right place. VinCheck.info can generate a comprehensive vehicle history report in a matter of seconds. To get a free car report, just enter a Volkswagen VIN of your choosing and let the system handle the rest. A few moments later, years of vehicle research data will be within your reach.
Can’t find the VIN?
What Can I Do with a Volkswagen VIN?
Each Volkswagen VIN contains a unique 17-digit code that can help with vehicle identification. For all intents and purposes, a VIN provides quick access to vehicle records, such as registration and sale. Only one VIN is assigned per car. No two cars can legally share the same VIN, unless it’s a case of VIN cloning.
VIN cloning is done by replacing the original VIN with another VIN. Usually, from another car with similar make and model. Replacing the VIN effectively conceals real vehicle data from interested parties.
A Volkswagen VIN can be found on five spots:
- the inside frame or jamb of the driver-side front door
- the dashboard near the base of the windscreen (driver’s side)
- on a plate secured to an area on the chassis
- registration and insurance documents
- In some cases, on expensive parts like the engine
If the VIN on the vehicle matches the VIN on the registration and insurance documents, that’s a good sign of a legit VIN.
How to Decode a Volkswagen VIN?
The Volkswagen VIN decoding diagram below tells us the importance of each section found in a single 17-digit VIN code.
Each character within a Volkswagen VIN corresponds to a particular vehicle data, including the model name, model year, make, factory location, country of origin and others. The ISO standard VIN has been used starting with the model year 1981. The VIN does not include the letters O (o), I (i), and Q (q) which look like numerals 0, 1, and 9.
Using the sample Volkswagen VIN, 1VWAP7A38DC024193, we will illustrate the data each digit represents. We will use the diagram above and the Volkswagen decoding chart as our references.
- 1 – Origin (United States)
- V – Manufacturer (Volkswagen)
- W – Vehicle Type (Mid-Size Car)
- AP7A3 Vehicle Description
- 8 – Fill-in or Check Digit
- D – Model Year (2013)
- C – Place of Assembly (Chattanooga, Tennessee)
- 024193 – Unique Identifying Number
VinCheck.info’s free Volkswagen VIN decoder can generate the aforementioned details within seconds. It includes a full Volkswagen vehicle history report with information on:
- market value
- equipment details
- fuel efficiency
- safety rating
- current warranty
- recalls and defects
How to Lookup Volkswagen Recall by VIN?
To keep yourself abreast of the latest developments about Volkswagen safety recalls, you must run a VIN check on your car from time to time. At VinCheck.info, this can be done for free and without limit. A similar feature is also present in Volkswagen VIN Recall Research. Head over to Volkswagen safety recalls page for more detailed explanations of past and present Volkswagen recalls.
Local Volkswagen dealerships are expected to offer solutions to resolve a car’s factory issues. The service, being the legal responsibility of the manufacturer, will be of no cost to owners of affected vehicles. For more information, contact Volkswagen at 81-800-428-4034 or visit Volkswagen Contact Us page.
Confirmed models included in the Volkswagen recall are the following:
|Model Year||Model Name|
|2009 – 2016||Volkswagen Touareg|
|2009 – 2015||Volkswagen Jetta|
|2009 – 2014||Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen|
|2010 – 2013||Volkswagen Golf 2-Door|
|2010 – 2015||Volkswagen Beetle Convertible|
|2010 – 2015||Volkswagen Golf 4-Door|
|2012 – 2015||Volkswagen Passat|
|2013 – 2015||Volkswagen Beetle|
|2015||Volkswagen Golf SportWagen|
As a result of the foregoing incident, Volkswagen have notified owners of the affected vehicles to bring in their cars to official Volkswagen dealerships and have the problem fixed.
How to Lookup Volkswagen Parts and Accessories through VIN?
Should you decide to complement your Volkswagen with spare parts and accessories, you may visit Volkswagen online shop for recommended entries. You can enter a Volkswagen VIN to find items that are compatible with your car. Parts related to electronics, performance, and interior and exterior features are also available.
Resources for Volkswagen Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Volkswagen VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic Volkswagen car info. Including but not limited to pre-purchase and post-purchase data, such as specifications, registration and sales.
- Check for the vehicle’s build. Know the best accessories to be added to the car, the sections that can be further augmented as well as the recommended parts.
- Check for consistency of every bit of information, such as the VIN and owner’s name, among available sources. This is one of the best means of guarding yourself against fraudulent attempts.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. This alone is a deal-breaker and a strong sign of criminal involvement. All cars that are suspected of cloned VIN are best avoided.
For Volkwagen sales information, visit VinCheck.info Sale History. For more interesting facts about Volkswagen, Volkswagen vehicles or to get a free Volkswagen vehicle history report, visit our Volkswagen VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Volkswagen VIN decoder in seconds!