Free Volvo VIN Decoder
Before you buy any used Volvo car, check the car’s history by using the VIN. Our free Volvo VIN decoder can tell you about what your car has been up to in the past with information such as accidents, maintenance records, recalls and if it has ever been stolen, flooded or issued a salvage title.
Can’t find the VIN?
Volvo Recall Lookup
Volvo has recalled 2021 models to fix the supplemental restraint system (SRS) airbag problem. The SRS control unit may not have been properly attached to the car body and may become detached during a crash. If the SRS units detached, the airbags may not deploy in the event of an accident, increasing the risk of injury during a crash. The recall includes:
- 2021 Volvo V60
- 2021 V60 Cross Country
- 2021 Volvo V90
- 2021 V90 Cross Country
- 2021 Volvo XC60
- 2021 Volvo XC90
Owners will be notified about the recall. Volvo dealers will inspect the screws holding the SRS control unit to the car and if necessary, will tighten the mounting screws, at no charge to owners.
Find out if your Volvo is affected by the recall. Lookup your VIN to search recall information for your vehicle.
How to Decode a Volvo VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Volvo VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Volvo VIN, YV1MC67208J044549, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Volvo decoding chart.
- YV1 = World Manufacturer Identifier (Passenger car built by Volvo Car)
- M = Vehicle code (C70)
- C = Vehicle platform (All-New C70)
- 67 = Engine code (B5254T7 C30/C70/V50 T5 FWD/AWD)
- 2 = Emission control equipment (ULEV2 (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) / Engine Codes 38, 41, 51, 59, 61, 67, 68, 85, 98, 99)
- 0 = Check code
- 8 = Model Year (2008)
- J = Assembly plant (Uddevalla, Sweden)
- 044549 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Volvo VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Volvo vehicle.
Volvo Parts and Accessories Lookup
Get the most out of your Volvo car by using genuine Volvo parts and accessories which have been designed to fit your vehicle according to Volvo’s specifications.
Resources for Volvo Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Volvo VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Volvo which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Volvo, Volvo vehicles or to get a free Volvo vehicle history report, visit our Volvo VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Volvo VIN decoder in seconds!