Free Isuzu VIN Decoder
Learn more about the history of your vehicle, including recalls and accident history. Use our free Isuzu VIN decoder. Enter your Isuzu VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Isuzu Recall Lookup
In 2017, Isuzu announced the recall of around 21,000 vehicles due to transmission problem. Models affected are 2015-2017 NPR HD, NPR XD, NQR and NRR trucks. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, “If the studs break, the transmission may not be properly supported, preventing it from shifting correctly and increasing the risk of a crash.”
Isuzu dealers will inspect and repair the affected vehicles, free of charge. Truck owners may contact Isuzu customer service at 1-866-441-9638.
Search for Isuzu safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode an Isuzu VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within an Isuzu VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Isuzu VIN, JALC4B144Y7003838, which we have decoded using the diagram above.
- J = Country of origin (Japan)
- AL = Manufacturer (Isuzu)
- C = Model (Isuzu NPR)
- 4B1 = Body Type (Tilt Cab 4×2)
- 4 = Engine Type (4HE1-XS 2.2L 4cyl LN2 MFI)
- 4 = Security Code
- Y = Model Year (2000)
- 7 = Plant (Fujisawa, Japan)
- 003838 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Isuzu VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of an Isuzu vehicle.
Isuzu Parts and Accessories Lookup
Keep your vehicle in good working condition. Shop for Isuzu genuine parts and accessories that have been designed to provide optimum performance for your Isuzu vehicle.
Resources for Isuzu Vehicle Owners
Why should I use an Isuzu VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Isuzu which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Isuzu, Isuzu vehicles or to get a free Isuzu vehicle history report, visit our Isuzu VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Isuzu VIN decoder in seconds!