Free Tesla VIN Decoder
The free Tesla VIN Decoder is brought to you by VinCheck.info. This tool gives users free and unrestricted access to the most comprehensive car reports of any Tesla model registered in the states. What are you waiting for? Enter a Tesla VIN now and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
What Can I Do with a Tesla VIN?
A Tesla VIN is, first and foremost, a unique code that sets your car apart from others. It contains unique information about your car, such as specifications, history, recalls, and if you were lucky, the recommended components for your Tesla. A single scan on a Tesla VIN, without exaggeration, can reveal all there is to know about a Tesla car.
As often the case, the seller will provide the VIN for buyers to dig up details on a car. After the VIN check, it is often followed by the buyer’s personal inspection of the vehicle to confirm the details they have gathered.
Usually, a Tesla VIN can be found on three spots:
- the inside frame or jamb of the driver-side front door
- the dashboard near the base of the windscreen (driver’s side)
- on a plate secured to an area on the chassis
If the VIN on the vehicle matches the VIN on the registration and insurance documents, that’s a strong indication that the VIN is legit.
How to Decode a Tesla VIN?
The Tesla VIN decoding diagram below tells us the importance of each section found in a single 17-digit VIN code.
Each character within a Tesla VIN corresponds to a particular vehicle data, including the model name, model year, make, factory location, country of origin and others. The ISO standard VIN has been used starting with the model year 1981. The VIN does not include the letters O (o), I (i), and Q (q) which look like numerals 0, 1, and 9.
Using the sample Tesla VIN, 5YJSA1E17HF189658, we will illustrate the data each digit represents. We will use the diagram above and the Tesla decoding chart as our references.
- 5 – Country of Origin (United States)
- YJ – Manufacturer (Tesla, Inc.)
- SA1E1 – Vehicle Description (specifications)
- 7 – Security Code
- H – Model Year (2017)
- F – Plant Code
- 189658 – Production Sequence Number
VinCheck.info’s free Tesla VIN decoder generates the vehicle details mentioned above in a matter of seconds. It includes a full Tesla vehicle history report with information on:
- market value
- equipment details
- fuel efficiency
- safety rating
- current warranty
- recalls and defects
How to Lookup Tesla Recall by VIN?
If you want to make sure that you did not miss any Tesla safety recall, you can do a free VIN check at VinCheck.info or through the official Tesla VIN Recall Research. More details about Tesla recalls in the past few years can be found on Tesla safety recalls page.
As required by law, local Tesla stores will resolve the manufacturing defects of affected vehicles with no charge. For more information, contact Tesla at 888-518-3752 / 1-877-798-3752 or visit Tesla Contact Us page.
NHTSA may investigate about half a million Tesla vehicles due to randomly occurring acceleration. If the investigation is escalated into an official Tesla recall, this can become Tesla’s biggest recall in the US. The units to be investigated are identified with three models:
|Model Name||Model Year|
|Model S||2012 – 2019|
|Model X||2012 – 2019|
|Model 3||2018 – 2019|
Tesla notifies owners of the affected vehicles to bring in their cars to official Tesla shops and have their manufacturing issues resolved.
How to Lookup Tesla Parts and Accessories through VIN?
You may browse through Tesla online shop to look for items your Tesla needs. Select the model name of your car to view the complete list of items that are compatible with your Tesla. Parts related to electronics, performance, and interior and exterior features are also available.
Resources for Tesla Vehicle Owners
- Official Website Tesla
- Tesla Owner’s Manual:
- Tesla Warranty Information
- Tesla Customer Service
Why should I use a Tesla VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic Tesla vehicle data available prior to purchase, such as the original make, color and body style.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the recommended parts during maintenance routine, as well as during the replacement or repair of vehicle parts.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or as disclosed by the seller. This is one way of protecting yourself from fraudulent claims.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Red flags like these must be spotted prior to purchase. This way, you can minimize the chances of making bad decisions.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Tesla VIN decoder in seconds!