Free Mercury VIN Decoder
Our free Mercury VIN decoder can be used to determine everything, from the vehicle’s body and drive type to its fuel tank capacity and safety rating. Decode your VIN using your Mercury VIN to get a free vehicle history report.
Can’t find the VIN?
Mercury Recall Lookup
About 70 thousand vehicles, including the 2006 – 2008 Mercury Mariner vehicles, are recalled. Edmunds reported that these vehicles have a faulty coolant pump that may overheat the electronics system, eventually causing the engine to stall.
In addition to the free VIN decoder above, remember to check for any recall update about your own car and other cars that interest you. Fix any recall problem for free at any authorized Mercury dealer.
Use the free VIN Lookup below to check for any safety recall.
How to Decode a Mercury VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Mercury VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Mercury VIN, 4M2CU87148KJ47382, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the decoding charts.
- 4 – Country of Origin (USA)
- M – Manufacturer (Mercury)
- 2 – Vehicle Type (Passenger Car)
- CU871 – Description (Premier/4dr/SUV/ Mercury Mariner)
- 4 – Check Digit
- 8 – Model Year (2008)
- K – Assembly Plant (Kansas City, Missouri)
- J47382 – Production Sequence Number
VinCheck.info’s free Mercury VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a free vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Mercury vehicle.
Mercury Parts and Accessories Lookup
You may use the online shopping platforms of Ford (Mercury’s parent company) below to get the right parts or accessories for your Mercury car.
Resources for Mercury Vehicle Owners
- Ford Customer Service (Mercury’s parent company)
- Ford Official Website (Mercury’s parent company)
- Ford Owner’s Manual and Warranty (Mercury’s parent company)
Why should I use a Mercury VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Mercury which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Mercury, Mercury vehicles or to get a free Mercury vehicle history report, visit our Mercury VIN Check page
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Mercury VIN decoder in seconds!