Free Chevrolet VIN Decoder & Lookup
Lookup and Decode Any Chevrolet VIN Number and Get a Free Vehicle History
VinCheck.info‘s free Chevrolet VIN number lookup and decoding service provides the following information:
- Vehicle Specifications
- Market Value
- Equipment Details
- Fuel Efficiency
- Safety Rating
- Inspection Checklist
- Current Warranty
- NMVTIS Vehicle History Report
Chevrolet Recall Lookup
Chevrolet Silverado has the highest number of recalls among Chevrolet models. This is due to a power steering issue wherein the the driver could lose temporary control of the steering wheel, especially when a driver performs low-speed turns.
If a recall has been issued for your Chevrolet vehicle, you can contact Customer Service at 1-800-222-1020 or your local authorized Chevrolet dealer as soon as possible.
Search for Chevrolet safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Chevrolet VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Chevrolet VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Chevrolet VIN: 1G1JC124017101333, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Chevrolet decoding chart.
- 1G1 = Manufacturer (Chevrolet United States)
- J = Platform Code (Chevrolet Cavalier)
- C = Platform Series Code
- 1 = Body Style (Two-Door Coupe)
- 2 = Restraint Type
- 4 = Engine Type (LN2; 2.2L; Gas L4 SFI)
- 0 = Security Code
- 1 = Model Year (2001)
- 7 = Plant (Lordstown, Ohio, United States)
- 101333 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Chevrolet VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Chevrolet vehicle.
Chevrolet Parts and Accessories Lookup
Keep your Chevrolet vehicle durable and in top condition with genuine Chevrolet parts and accessories. With genuine parts and accessories, you’ll never have to worry about quality since these are made specifically to fit your vehicle.
Resources for Chevrolet Vehicle Owners
- Chevrolet Official Website
- Chevrolet Owner’s Manual & Warranty
- Chevrolet Owner Assistance
- Chevrolet Owner’s Manual
Why should I use a Chevrolet VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Chevrolet which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Chevrolet, Chevrolet vehicles or to get a free Chevrolet vehicle history report, visit our Chevrolet VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Chevrolet VIN decoder in seconds!