Utah VIN Check
Research your Utah-registered vehicle for free. Run a free VIN search below and avoid buying a lemon! Lookup over 940 thousand cars registered in the state of Utah:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Utah Title Request
You may also visit the FAQs page to get answers to some of your questions.
Utah Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Utah is a state located in the western region of the United States. It is the 31st most populous state, with a population of approximately 3,051,217 people. The Capital of Utah is Salt Lake City, and the state is divided among 29 counties spanning 84,899 square miles. Utah was the 45th state to join union in January 4, 1896. The largest cities in Utah are Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, West Jordan, Orem, Sandy, Ogden, St. George, Layton, and South Jordan.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 940,604
- Utah Department of Transportation’s recent Annual Report stated there were 60,012 reported traffic crashes on public roadways in Utah in 2015.
- These 60,012 crashes involved 151,237 people, with 25,350 injured and 278 people killed.
- There were 5,976 more traffic crashes in 2015 compared to 2014.
- Speed remains the leading contributing factor in deaths.
- The number of deaths in 2015 involving a distracted-driver was the highest since 2007.
- Deaths involving a drunk driver have shown an increasing trend.
- The motor vehicle theft rate for Utah in 2016 was 307.7 thefts for every 100,000 inhabitants. On average, there were 25.7 motor vehicles stolen per day.
- Earthquakes are fairly prevalent in Utah. About 700 earthquakes (including aftershocks) occur in the Utah region each year.
Why should I run a Utah VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an Utah VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: