Free Hyundai VIN Decoder
Our free Hyundai VIN decoder can be used to determine everything from vehicle body and drive type to fuel tank capacity to vehicle safety rating. Enter your Hyundai VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Hyundai Recall Lookup
From January 1985 to September 2016, Hyundai’s recall rate per 1,000 cars is 1,266 placing 4th among manufacturers with the worst recall rates. A total of more than 13 thousand Hyundai cars were recalled during this period.
If there are any safety recalls on your Hyundai vehicle, get it repaired for free at an authorized Hyundai dealer.
Search for Hyundai safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Hyundai VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Hyundai VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Hyundai VIN, KM8SC13D434U51039, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Hyundai decoding chart.
- K = Country of manufacture (South Korea)
- M = Manufacturer (Hyundai Motor Company)
- 8 = Vehicle Type (Multi-purpose vehicle)
- S = Model (Santa Fe)
- C = Body Type (Front Wheel Drive, 4 Door Sport Utility)
- 1 = Trim Level (GLS)
- 3 = Restraint Systems or GVWR (Driver-side airbag (manual belt) passenger-side passive)
- D = Engine Type (2656 cc DOHC V6)
- 4 = Security Code
- 3 = Model Year (2003)
- 4 = Plant (South Korea)
- U51039 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Hyundai VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Hyundai vehicle.
Hyundai Parts and Accessories Lookup
When getting replacements on parts and accessories, get genuine Hyundai parts to ensure quality and reliability.
Resources for Hyundai Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Hyundai VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Hyundai which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Hyundai, Hyundai vehicles or to get a free Hyundai vehicle history report, visit our Hyundai VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Hyundai VIN decoder in seconds!