Free Hyundai VIN Check
Hyundai is the largest South Korean brand that has enjoyed booming growth in the domestic market in the last decade. Run a free VIN check and search over 11 million Hyundai vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Hyundai Recall Lookup
iSeeCars.com analyzed automakers’ new-vehicle sales and NHTSA recall data from January 1985 through September 2016. Hyundai ranked fourth among manufacturers with the worst recall rates, with 1,266 recalls per 1,000 cars sold.
96.8% of Hyundai’s cars are recalled for dire consequences that could cause death, injury, crash, accident or fire.
Aside from running VINCheck.info’s free VIN check or search for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Hyundai Owner’s website below:
If there are any safety recalls or service campaigns on your vehicle, your preferred Hyundai dealer will complete the repairs free of charge.
Other Resources for Hyundai
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Hyundai vehicles include:
- Hyundai Owner’s Manual (from the Hyundai Website)
- Hyundai Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hyundai Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Hyundai Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Hyundai Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Hyundai
The Hyundai Motor Company, a multinational automotive manufacturer, was founded by Chung Ju-Yung in 1967. In 1968, Hyundai signed a two-year contract with Ford to share assembly technology and built the company’s first car called Cortina. The Pony compact, the first car designed and built in South Korea by Hyundai, was launched in 1974. Hyundai started exporting its vehicles overseas in 1975.
One of the youngest automobile companies, Hyundai has grown into the world’s third largest vehicle manufacturer with around 75,000 employees worldwide. In less than 50 years, Hyundai’s lineup (including sedans, hatchbacks, sports cars, SUVs, vans, and commercial vehicles) has gone through remarkable improvements in overall reliability, quality, and performance.
Interesting facts about Hyundai:
- Hyundai runs the world’s largest integrated automobile manufacturing facility in Ulsan, South Korea, which produces 1.6 million vehicles annually.
- Hyundai vehicles are sold in around 5,000 dealerships and showrooms in 193 countries.
- The Hyundai Motor Group was formed in 1998 when Hyundai Motor Co. acquired a minority stake in Kia Motors in 1998. Hyundai’s luxury vehicle division, Genesis Motors, also became part of the group.
- The second-generation Sante Fe, Hyundai’s bestselling model in the United States, earned the “Top Safety Pick” award by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, maximum 5 star safety ratings by the NHTSA, and placed first in the “20 least expensive 2009 vehicles to insure” list by Insure.com.
- Hyundai’s five-year, 100000-km warranty for its vehicles is one the longest warranties in the automobile market.
Popular models from Hyundai include:
Why should I run a Hyundai VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Hyundai VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: