Free MINI VIN Check and VIN Lookup
Originally an iconic British marque, MINI was acquired in 1994 by German automaker BMW. In 2002, the brand was re-launched successfully and warmly received in the United States after a decade-long hiatus. Run our free VIN check and search over one million MINI vehicles registered across the country:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to get a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
MINI Recall Lookup
In 2015, NHTSA fined BMW for the delay in fixing MINI Cooper vehicles that failed certain side-impact crash standards. The recall covered 2014-2015 two-door MINI Cooper, Cooper S, and JCW Hardtop models.
Aside from running a free VIN check, you can look for any open recalls via a VIN search at the official MINI Owner’s website below:
To see if there are any open safety recalls for your MINI, please contact your local MINI dealer or MINI Customer Relations at 1-800-525-7417.
Other Resources for MINI
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Lexus vehicles include:
- MINI Owner’s Manual (from the MINI Website)
- MINI Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- MINI Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- MINI Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- MINI Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on MINI
The MINI is a small economy car manufactured by British Motor Corporation (BMC) based in Great Britain and succeeding owners from 1958 to 2000. BMW acquired Rover Group (formerly British Leyland, a successor of BMC) in 1994, including the right to use the MINI name for its cars.
Interesting facts about MINI:
- In the 1960s, the first MINI was an icon of British popular culture. In 1999, the MINI was the second most influential car of the 20th century after the Ford Model T.
- MINI designer Issigonis collaborated with John Cooper to create the Austin MINI Cooper and Morris MINI Cooper which debuted in September 1961.
- The MINI is considered a luxury brand because its vehicles are designed with careful attention to detail and built from quality hand-crafted materials, not necessarily because of the price tag.
- The “MINI Cooper” title has been used in several models including the MINI Hatch, the MINI Clubman, the MINI Countryman, the MINI Coupé, the MINI Roadster, and the MINI Paceman.
- Based on insurance data, the average annual cost for a MINI Cooper is $1,385 excluding other factors affecting the car insurance premium.
- The MINI Roadster, a convertible version of the MINI Coupe, debuted at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2009.
Popular models from MINI include:
Why should I run a MINI VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety AdMINIstration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Do a VIN lookup to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: