Free Pontiac VIN Check and VIN Lookup
Pontiac’s success soared in the 60s and 70s when it produced the flagship muscle cars of those decades. The brand introduced some classics including the Bonneville, GTO and Firebird. Run a free VIN check on any of over six million Pontiac vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to get a free vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Pontiac Recall Lookup
General Motors, Pontiac’s parent company, has recalled over 1.3 million vehicles in to fix a possible electrical defect that makes the steering assist systems inoperable. Among those listed in the recall are the 2005 – 2009 Pontiac G6 cars.
Aside from the free VIN check above, you may also run a VIN lookup at the GM Recall Center to search for Pontiac open recalls:
Free repairs for recalled vehicles are usually available at any authorized Pontiac dealership.
Other Resources for Pontiac
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Pontiac vehicles include:
- Pontiac Owner’s Manual (from their parent company General Motors)
- Pontiac Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pontiac Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Pontiac Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Pontiac Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Pontiac
General Motors acquired Oakland Motor Car Co. in 1909 and renamed it as Pontiac in 1931 after a historical Ottawa Indian chief who once occupied a city named after him.
Pontiac sold a variety of affordable coupes, sedans, and wagons throughout the 30s and 40s period. The brand was among the most popular vehicle brands in the country because of its high-quality cars; however, it had been unprofitable around the time its parent company had severe financial problems. Due partly to increasing pressure to file for bankruptcy, GM decided to discontinue the brand in 2009.
Interesting facts about Pontiac:
- In 1926, Pontiac had sold a record-breaking 76,000 cars in its very first year of operation.
- In 1941, Pontiac sold 330,361 units of Streamliners. The model attracted the attention of a remarkably huge number of women at the Chicago auto show in the same year.
- In 1984, Pontiac sold 850,000 units which was four times more than units sold in 2008; it was the best year for the brand in terms of sales volume.
- The Orion Township Assembly Line produced the final Pontiac, a 2010 Pontiac G6, in January 2010.
Popular models from Pontiac include:
Why should I run a Pontiac VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands,
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Through a VIN search, you can check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: