Free Cadillac VIN Check
Cadillac is one of the most iconic American car brands of the last 100 years. The Cadillac Escalade, listed as the most stolen vehicle in the US for several years, is six times more likely to be stolen than the average vehicle. Run a free Cadillac VIN check and search over 3 million Cadillac vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, recalls, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Cadillac Recall Lookup
Cadillac Escalade has the highest number of recalls among Cadillac models. Most of these recalls were conducted to help prevent further car accidents involving the alleged defective Takata airbags. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Takata airbag recall was described as the “largest and most complex safety recall in U.S. History.”
Are there any recalls for your Cadillac? If a recall has been issued for your vehicle, you should contact Cadillac at 1-800-458-8006 or your local authorized Cadillac dealer as soon as possible.
In addition to running a free VIN check, you can search for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Cadillac Owner’s website below:
Other Resources for Cadillac
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Cadillac vehicles include:
- Cadillac Owner’s Manual (from the Cadillac Website)
- Cadillac Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cadillac Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Cadillac Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Cadillac Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Cadillac
Cadillac was created from the assets of Henry Ford Company when Henry Ford left it in 1902. Henry M. Leland, an engineer from an auto parts builder, named the company after French explorer Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac who founded Detroit, Michigan. In 1909, the General Motors (GM) conglomerate acquired Cadillac and made it GM’s prestige division to manufacture large luxury vehicles that appealed more to older consumers.
One of the oldest American auto brands, Cadillac is still going strong as one of the most prestigious and celebrated luxury brands in the United States auto industry. Cadillac has updated and expanded its roster of vehicles with SUVs, coupes, sedans, and crossovers that are true to the brand’s reputation for quality, performance and innovation.
Interesting facts about Cadillac:
- Cadillac Osceola was the auto industry’s first concept car and the first closed-body car mass produced in America.
- United States is the largest market for Cadillac, but China is fast becoming its largest market. Year-to-date sales of 80,557 in China have beaten current year-to-date sales 72,073 in the United States as of July 2017.
- Cadillac luxury vehicles are sold in 35 other markets, including Canada.
- Cadillac has won the Motor Trend Car of the Year award five times, with the Cadillac CTS winning in 2008 and 2014.
- Cadillac Escalades’ popularity in rap songs and videos boosted US sales in 2002 with an 84 percent increase, according to Auto Trends magazine.
Popular models from Cadillac include:
Why should I run a Cadillac VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: