Free Mercury VIN Check
Known as a more upscale version of Ford and a junior version of Lincoln, Mercury was in business for over seven decades until 2010. Over two million Mercury vehicles are registered in the United States. Run our free VIN check and get a full vehicle history report for any Mercury vehicle:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to check vehicle records for issues like thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Mercury Recall Lookup
Mercury Milan vehicles (2006-2011 model years) are part of an estimated 37 million vehicles under recall due to faulty Takata airbags. Aside from running a free VIN check, you can check for any open recalls by doing VIN search at the official Mercury Owner’s website below:
Mercury vehicle owners are urged to get their vehicles fixed as soon as possible; the recall repair is free at authorized Mercury dealerships.
Other Resources for Mercury
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Mercury vehicles include:
- Mercury Owner’s Manual (from the Mercury Website)
- Mercury Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Mercury Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Mercury Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Mercury Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Mercury
Mercury was division of Ford Motor Co. created in 1938 by Edsel Ford to bridge the price gap between the Ford and Lincoln vehicle lines. Sales peaked in the 1990s due to popularity of its minivans and SUVs. Sales dwindled down (less than 95,000 in 2009 and 2010) for a few years before the brand was finally discontinued in 2010.
Interesting facts about Mercury:
- Mercury was named after the winged messenger of the Roman gods who was known for his speed and fashionable winged sandals.
- The first model was the Mercury Eight or the Super Ford, which had a 95hp engine and a design that was hailed as being the most aerodynamic of its time. This was the first car which was first designed using a clay model.
- A customized Mercury was featured in the movie “Rebel Without a Cause” starring James Dean.
- In 1978, Mercury sales peaked at an all-time high of 580,000; nearly four out of ten 1978 Mercurys were Cougars.
- Ford completely phased out the Mercury brand in the fourth quarter of 2010 as it consolidated its marketing and engineering efforts on the Ford and Lincoln brands.
- The final Mercury automobile, a 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis, rolled off the assembly line on January 4, 2011.
Popular models from Mercury include:
Why should I run a Mercury VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run our free VIN Check here at VINCheck.info to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: