Free Lexus VIN Check
Lexus has been America’s bestselling premium brand for 11 consecutive years until 2011 when BMW and Mercedes-Benz outranked the Japanese brand. Run our free VIN check and search over 4.9 million Lexus vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Lexus Recall Lookup
Lexus vehicles are among millions of vehicles under recall for defective Takata air bags that can explode when the air bag deploys, causing serious injury or even death. Is there an open recall for any Lexus vehicle that you own or want to purchase?
In addition to using our free VIN check, you may search for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Lexus Owner’s website below:
Other Resources for Lexus
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Lexus vehicles include:
- Lexus Owner’s Manual (from the Lexus Website)
- Lexus Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Lexus Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Lexus Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Lexus Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Lexus
The Lexus brand of luxury vehicles is one of the 10 largest Japanese global brands in terms of market value. Marketed in over 70 countries, Lexus has been the number one premium brand in the United States for over a decade. Lexus vehicle production is mostly done in Japan; the company is headquartered in Nagoya.
Interesting facts about Lexus:
- As of 2017, the average price per unit of Lexus amounts to US$42,082.98.
- Lexus has been launched in many markets around the globe, but it was not sold in Japan until 142 dealerships opened to over 250,000 visitors across the country in August 2005.
- Lexus introduced the LS 400, the marque’s very first car, in Cologne, Germany instead of Japan or the United States. Cologne is home to some of Lexus’ major rivals.
- The official logo of Lexus, a stylized “L” within an oval, was created by an Italian designer Giorgetto Giugiaro.
- To ensure quality, Lexus seats are upholstered using hides from cows that are kept without using barbed wire.
- The Lexus LS 400, which was designed and built for the American market, was hailed in February 1990 by the American press as the best Japanese vehicle ever imported to the United States.
Popular models from Lexus include:
Why should I run a Lexus VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: