Free Scion VIN Check
Targeted at younger consumers, Scion was warmly received as a Toyota brand with its attractive combination of style and value. Buying a used Scion? Run our free VIN check and search over one million Scion vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above for any used car to get a free vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Scion Recall Lookup
In 2016, Toyota recalled about 26,000 Scion FR-S vehicles that tend to roll away even if their engines were not running. The said cars were manufactured between 2013 and 2016.
Aside from the free VIN lookup above, you can use Toyota’s VIN search tool for open Scion recalls from 1999 onward:
Contact any authorized Scion dealer for any pending recall for your vehicle.
Other Resources for Scion
On top of the free VIN check tools, here are other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Scion vehicles:
- Scion Owner’s Manual (from Toyota.com)
- Scion Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Scion Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Scion Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Scion Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Scion
Targeting the millennial market, Toyota debuted the Scion marque in 2003 for its single-trim sports compact vehicles with a range of customization options. Scion was sold first in California by selected dealers and then nationwide the following year; by 2010, the brand was already available across Canada. Offering 150 accessories that were sold individually, Scion was a hit among younger drivers looking to personalize their cars to match their tastes and lifestyles without haggling for the right price. By the time the brand was discontinued and absorbed into Toyota in 2016, Scion sold over a million cars in North America.
Interesting facts about Scion:
- Offering one of the best sound systems in the industry, Scion was the first non-luxury brand to outfit all its models with a touchscreen audio system.
- The Scion FR-S, iA, and iM were re-branded as Toyota 86, Yaris iA, and Corolla iM respectively for the 2017 model year.
- On average, a Scion car owner is 39 years old. This is the lowest average age of a driver for a specific brand.
- Toyota employed a form of guerrilla and viral marketing to promote Scion, using posters and ads in movie theaters and TV to direct potential customers to its websites.
- Targeting more sophisticated consumers, Scion released a limited edition series of vehicles with pre-packed exclusive accessories and unusually bright colored (for example: lava orange, hot red) exteriors in 2004.
Popular models from Scion include:
Why should I run a Scion VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands that can cause future problems for used car buyers.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. An active theft or previously recovered theft record can point you to undeclared damages or stolen parts.
Run our 100% free VIN Check now to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: