Arkansas License Plate Lookup
Shop for used cars safely and get to know any vehicle’s history. Just make sure you have the VIN number or the license plate. Wherever you are, you can run the Arkansas license plate or VIN lookup to get an absolutely free car report.
VinCheck.info collects Arkansas vehicle registration data and other information from government agencies and the auto industry across the United States. We offer a comprehensive report that includes:
- Market Value
- Vehicle Specifications
- Equipment Details
- Fuel Efficiency
- Safety Rating
- Inspection Checklist
- Current Warranty
- NMVTIS Report
Title and Vehicle Registration in Arkansas
New and used vehicles must be registered and titled within 30 days of the date of ownership transfer or lien removal. Make sure to complete the title/registration process within the allotted time frame. The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) Office of Motor Vehicle penalizes late applications. For your convenience, you may also pre-register your car.
Arkansas requires only a single rear license plate for each car. The plate’s serial format usually consists of three numbers and three letters, although different plate types may carry different serial formats.
Fill out the proper form on the list to replace your car’s lost or mutilated specialized plate.
How to Get a Vehicle Title in Arkansas?
Start the title application by completing the registration/title form at a revenue office within Arkansas. Submit the following to complete the registration:
- Proof of payment of all personal property taxes.
- Proof of auto insurance.
- Receipt for registration fees
- Proof of ownership (with signatures of all owners if under shared ownership)
- A signed copy of your lien agreement (for a currently leased or financed used car)
- Odometer disclosure statement for vehicles in operation for less than 10 years
- Proof of VIN verification for vehicles bought outside Arkansas with a salvage brand or similar designation
- Proof of assessment by your county assessor within the current year (or proof that it’s listed for assessment
Upon completion of your registration and/or title application, your car’s title status can be identified online using the government’s Title Status Lookup.
You may also apply for replacement of a damaged or missing title at the Department of Finance and Administration. Secure the last registered owner(s) signatures so that your application can proceed smoothly. The entire process may take at least 21 days to be completed.
Arkansas License Plate Categories
Browse through four (4) license plate categories and pick the plate you want. There are more than one hundred (100) plate selections to choose from. Check out the requirements of the specific plate you wish to order.
How to Transfer License Plates in Arkansas?
Generally, you can transfer a license plate between vehicles that you own if you have the current registration certificate. Visit the Vehicle Tag Renewal page of Arkansas DFA to know more about plate transfer.
How to Apply for a Salvage Title in Arkansas?
In Arkansas, a vehicle is considered as a salvaged car if its damage is 70% or higher of its average retail value. Or if it has been damaged by flood with a level of water above the dashboard. Notations such as “Junk,” “Non-Repairable,” or “Parts Only” will disqualify the vehicle for registration for driving purposes.
If you want to keep your vehicle after it was damaged (declared by you or the auto insurer), you need to notify the Office of Motor Vehicles and apply for a salvage certificate personally with the following:
- The original Arkansas title certificate
- Payment for all applicable fees
- A completed Declaration of Damage for a Salvage Motor Vehicle (REV 2009)
If the insurance company repossesses the car after it has been declared as a salvage, under total loss settlement, the insurance company will be required to apply for the salvage title. You will have to submit the car’s original title.
More Resources for Arkansas Drivers:
- Arkansas Motor Vehicle Forms
- Arkansas Replacement Titles
- Arkansas Vehicle Tag Renewal
- Arkansas Assess Your Vehicle
- Arkansas Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Arkansas Driver License Study Guide
For inquiries at the Arkansas DFA, you may call: 501-371-5581 (Driver Service) / 501-682-4692 (Motor Vehicle). Check the Contact Info page for other means of contacting the agency.
Buying a used car in Arkansas? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Arkansas-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Arkansas License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Arkansas-registered vehicle.