Free Oregon License Plate Lookup
Lookup and search your Oregon license plate and get a free complete vehicle history report including: salvage status, theft or accident records, recalls and more!
Oregon license plate lookup helps protect consumers avoid buying a used car with hidden problems. Oregon law requires all new and used vehicles to be titled and registered with the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Each vehicle in Oregon is tied to a license plate number. You can use the Oregon license plate number in pulling out the records of any Oregon-registered vehicle.
- Market Value
- Vehicle Specifications
- Equipment Details
- Fuel Efficiency
- Safety Rating
- Inspection Checklist
- Current Warranty
- NMVTIS Vehicle History Report
Oregon License Plates & Placards
In Oregon, it is required that all new and used vehicles purchased from a dealer or private party to be properly registered with the Oregon DMV. Depending on the vehicle you have, you will get either one or two plates. Plates must be displayed correctly and in plain view on the vehicle.
One plate, displayed on the back of the vehicle, is issued to: mopeds, motorcycles, trailers, campers, antique, and special interest. For all other vehicles, two plates are issued which are to be displayed on front and rear of the vehicle.
To replace a lost, damaged, or stolen license plate, just fill up Application for Registration, Renewal, Replacement or Transfer of Plates & Stickers form and mail to: DMV, 1905 Lana Ave NE, Salem OR 97314; or take to any DMV office.
Types of Oregon License Plates
- Regular Plates
- Veteran Plates
- Special Plates
- Plates for Other Vehicles
The Oregon DMV offers personalized or vanity plates for vehicles. Just complete the Custom Plate Application form and take it to a local DMV office or mail it to DMV Custom Plate Desk, 1905 Lana Avenue NE, Salem OR 97314.
Transferring of License Plates in Oregon
You can transfer your plates to another vehicle, provided that they are still readable; it will be transferred to the same type of vehicle; and a style (special plates or custom plates) is currently issued by DMV.
More Resources for Oregon Drivers:
- Oregon Driver’s License and ID Card
- Titling and Registering Your Vehicle in Oregon
- Oregon License Plates Information
- Oregon Vehicle Registration Renewal
- Oregon Vehicle Title, Registration & Permit Fees
- Oregon Driver Manual
Buying a used car in Oregon? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Oregon-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Oregon License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Oregon-registered vehicle.