Buick Recall Check
Buick was among the original pioneers of automobiles. The brand is well known for its luxury cars, a market segment just above the models typically peddled by GM. While Buick is not particularly known for making a name for bad cars, a few of their models have been subjected to a recall. If you were a Buick owner, don’t let overconfidence get into your head. A healthy dose of skepticism can help you in the long run. Check if your Buick has an open recall. Feel free to run a VIN check at VinCheck.info if you think your car is in for some trouble.
How do I check if my Buick has a recall?
Look for your Buick VIN:
Enter the 17-digit vehicle identification number:
A Buick Recall check by VinCheck.info covers:
|Recalls and defects|
|Car report summary|
What does a Buick recall announcement include?
In case you were wondering about Buick safety recalls, you may check the following:
- NHTSA Campaign Number: recall unique code or ID number
- Summary: important recall details not limited to: model names, model years, registration, sale, manufacturing problems and solutions
- Consequences: the repercussions on the vehicle’s safety and operation
- Remedy: how the problem can be fixed (repair, replacement or refund) and how to contact Buick for assistance
How should I contact Buick about an open recall?
Can’t find the details you are looking for Buick safety recalls? Try contacting the following:
- Buick Recall Hotline: 1-800-521-7300; TTY 1-800-832-8425
Register your Buick and open an account at my.buick.com to gain freebies and other essential auto services from Buick and their dealerships.
- NHTSA: National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)
How do I fix a Buick recall?
As per company policy, Buick will mail the registered owners affected by Buick safety recalls. For special situations that require precautionary measures, Buick will provide safety guidance in managing recalled cars until the problem is fully resolved. Go to Buick recall check page to coordinate with the nearest dealership.
What are the latest Buick recalls?
The number of recalled Buicks units is not as many as with other brands. Even so, that does not mean you should disregard the importance of a Buick recall check. You don’t want to stumble upon a difficult situation when unprepared. As a subdivision of GM, Buick is often recalled along with cars developed by its parent and sister companies. While GM recalls can go by millions, Buick cars barely have the lion’s share worth in them. Still, you should not underestimate the chances that your car may contain hidden defects.
|Faulty airbag harnesses||About 1.1 million SUVs, including Buick Enclave of model years 2008 – 2013||The airbags may be prevented from deploying as designed because of the harnesses.||The appropriate solution, according to GM, is to replace the parts that are causing the problem.|
|Uncontrolled key rotation||The defect is identified in 3.14 million vehicles, including the 2005 – 2009 Buick LaCrosse and 2006 – 2011 Buick Lucerne models.||There is a tendency for the key to switch to the ‘run’ position unintended, plus, it also causes engine stalling and non-deployment of airbags during a crash.||GM intends to resolve this recall by installing two more keyrings and a key slot insert in affected vehicles.|
|Airbag software bug||The bug may have found its way to 3.64 million vehicles. Among the models that are affected are the 2014 – 2017 Buick Encore and 2014 – 2016 Buick LaCrosse.||A software bug causes the airbag to fail in deploying properly.||Upgrading the software might fix the issue.|
|Defective driver module||The 2006 – 2007 Buick Rainier and 2006 – 2009 Buick LaCrosse are part of a 429,000-strong recall.||The faulty driver module, which was designed for headlamps, can prevent some bulbs from activating.||GM will replace the defective item in recalled cars through their dealers.|
|Missing bolts||Almost 200,000 vehicles are listed as part of the recall. A handful of them is 2018 – 2019 Buick LaCrosse and 2019 – 2020 Buick Encore.||Because of loose or missing bolts, the transmission oil may leak, leading to a power outage, and if the liquid touches an ignition source, it could start a fire.||GM, Buick’s parent company, has ordered dealerships under their care to inspect the start/stop transmission accumulator.|
Is my Buick affected by the Takata Airbag Recall?
Buick was not spared from the Takata Airbag Recall, which is currently the largest US recall on the record. Takata, one of the main providers of auto airbags from Japan, had installed potentially deadly airbags in tens of millions of cars worldwide. As reported, the defective airbags, which are the primary reasons for this recall, can explode under certain conditions and put the lives of occupants at serious risk of death and injury. While there are only 395 units of 2015 Buick LaCrosse identified as part of the recall, this is not a reason to be complacent that your Buick is free from any major error. More might be waiting to be discovered.
|Model||Model Years Covered|
Can I search recalls for a Buick using a license plate number?
A Buick VIN is important in getting a car history report, but what if you don’t have the VIN? The solution is to use the associated license plate number as an alternative. Just enter the number on a Buick plate check and you can access a comprehensive vehicle history report of any Buick that interests you.
Run a Recall Lookup by License Plate Number:
Why should I run a Buick Recall Check?
No car is perfect. Even a well-made one like the Buick may harbor things that may worry you. All kinds of fancy features and designs do not matter if, ultimately, your safety and security are not guaranteed. Thus, it is important to run a Buick recall check to confirm if the price you are paying is all worth it.
- Check for Buick safety defects. Buick is as old as the earliest auto recalls. In many years and in over several generations, there have been a handful of Buick models that are recalled for various manufacturing issues. Don’t consider your car exempt without first investigating it for any Buick safety recalls.
- Check for Buick compliance with federal safety standards. Vehicle ownership and driving come with a lot of responsibilities. A car is a useful means of transportation, but it can become deadly in the wrong hands. It is also expensive to own and repair just one car. In short, any car must be handled with extreme care.
- Ensure buyer confidence. Every law-abiding consumer deserves the emotional gratification gained from a car purchase. It did not matter if the price was cheap or there were no add-ons. What matters most is that it satisfies customer expectations. A quick Buick recall check can help ensure that this is done.
- Resolve issues promptly. A Buick safety recall, of whatever nature or gravity, is not something easily disregarded. A minor faulty design can lead to a host of bigger and more expensive problems. As always, prevention is better than cure. The earlier the problem is resolved, the better.
Unravel any Buick vehicle history. Run a Buick Recall Check NOW!