Ford Recalls Check
Run a free recall check to find out the history of your Ford vehicle. VinCheck.info reports provide information on recalls issued in the last 15 years. Every recall is serious, make sure you check your VIN for recalls. Should you find that your vehicle is named in a recall, contact your Ford dealer immediately. Ford authorized service centers will fix your vehicle for free. Just enter your Ford VIN below to start a recall search.
Find out if your Ford vehicle has any recall!
Look for your Ford VIN:
Enter the 17-digit vehicle identification number:
A Ford Recall check by VinCheck.info covers:
|Recalls and defects|
|Car report summary|
What does a Ford recall announcement include?
These details matter if your Ford has any recalls. Keep these things in mind:
- NHTSA Campaign Number: otherwise known as the Ford safety recall’s ID number
- Summary: important recall details such as the affected models, vehicle registration, manufacturing plants where the affected vehicles originated, the issue or part that may pose a safety risk or fail to meet minimum safety standards
- Consequences: how the recall may compromise the operation and safety of the vehicle
- Remedy: the proposed solution to the problem i.e. whether a defective item will be repaired, replaced or refunded, and how to contact Ford for assistance
How should I contact Ford about an open recall?
For more information regarding recalls:
- Ford Recall Hotline: (800) 392-3673
Enter your Ford VIN on the VIN search page to ensure that the manufacturer can confirm any safety recall details on your model. Find the nearest Ford dealership that can service Ford recalls by specifying your location.
- NHTSA: National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)
How do I fix a Ford recall?
Ford will notify the original owner via mail if the vehicle has a Ford safety recall, but succeeding owners may miss the message. If you did not receive any notification about recalls, you may want to run a Ford recall check on the Ford website to confirm if your car is listed. Follow the necessary instructions on how to fix the defect. Find Ford dealerships eligible for offering recall repairs. You will need to specify your location to find one that can serve you.
What are the latest Ford recalls?
It is not uncommon for Ford models to be subject to a recall. However, the following Ford recalls stand out for the sheer number of vehicles that were affected:
|Approximately 2 million Ford-150 pickups are carrying faulty seatbelt pretensioners that could potentially burn and start a fire.||2015 – 2018 Ford F-150 Regular Cab|
2015 – 2018 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab
|The seatbelt pretensioners in question could generate sparks when used, which may ignite the gas released by the system.||Ford promised to fix the problem for free even if expenditure could go as high as $140 million. Resolving the problem will require Ford dealers to remove some insulation material and wiring harness found behind the front windows. They will also need to apply heat-resistant tape to the carpet and its surroundings.|
|Master cylinder leakage in 292,311 Ford F-150s.||2013 – 2017 Ford F-150 pickups||Master cylinder design causes brake fluid to enter into the brake booster, making front-wheel brakes less effective.||Ford will alert owners of affected units by mail and be given step-by-step instructions on how to fix the problem. Authorized Ford dealerships will replace defective brake master cylinders and brake boosters free of charge.|
|Defective door latches on 2,200,000 Ford vehicles||2011–2014 Ford Fiesta|
2013–2014 Ford Fusion
2015 Ford Mustang
2013–2015 Ford Escape
2013–2015 Ford C-Max
2012–2015 Ford Focus
2014–2016 Ford Transit Connect
|Door latches may fail to latch firmly when closed, causing doors to open randomly, unbeknown to vehicle occupants||Ford will inform owners of affected vehicles about the process in resolving the issue.|
|1.83 million Ford vehicles were recalled between May 2014 and May 2015 due to sudden shutdown of EPAS.||2012 – 2014 Ford Focus|
2012 – 2014 Ford Focus Electric
2010 – 2014 Ford Fusion
2010 – 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid
2010 – 2014 Ford Fusion Energi
2008 – 2012 Ford Fusion Escape
2011 – 2013 Ford Taurus
|Ford’s Electronic Power Assist System may shutdown unexpectedly without any prior warning. Drivers may not be able to adjust to this sudden change on time, which can lead to accidents.||As of the moment, Ford is still offering free repairs for vehicles subject to the 2014 – 2015 steering recall campaign.|
|The automatic transmission torque of about 450,000 Ford Freestar minivans may fail unexpectedly.|
|2004 – 2005 Ford Freestar||The automatic transmission torque may fail unexpectedly at random intervals, putting vehicle occupants at significant risk of a car crash.||The Ford safety recall on the Freestar started in August 2012. Owners may coordinate with the Ford Motor Company through their customer service hotline at 1-866-436-7332. Ford is expected to replace the torque converter of affected units with no cost.|
Is my Ford affected by the Takata Airbag Recall?
Ford is one of the 19 major automakers affected by the Takata airbag defect. To date, it is the largest auto recall in US history, involving over 10 million vehicles. The problem? Prolonged exposure to extreme heat and humidity can cause these airbags to explode when deployed, causing serious injury and possibly death.
Below is the list of five models from 2005 – 2013 that are included in Ford recalls. If your vehicle is on the list, visit your local Ford dealership as soon as possible to have your free repair done. If your vehicle’s model is not listed, your vehicle may not be affected at this time.
|Model||Model Years Covered|
|GT||2005 – 2006|
|Edge||2007 – 2010|
|Fusion||2006 – 2012|
|Ranger||2007 – 2011|
|Mustang||2009 – 2013|
Can I search recalls for a Ford using a license plate number?
The license plate number is a viable alternative to VIN, which comes in handy if you don’t know the VIN or were unable to discern it from existing records. VinCheck.info license plate lookup links you to the VIN and generates a full car report covering tons of information including recalls and defects.
Run a Recall Lookup by License Plate Number:
Why should I run a Ford Recall Check?
Safety is of paramount importance for every car owner, buyer and seller. Here are more reasons why checking the Ford safety recall of both new and used cars matters for personal safety:
- Check for any Ford safety recall. Ford had faced one of its biggest issues ever when approximately 21 million Ford vehicles were recalled under a single recall campaign. This is all because of faulty transmissions that they manufactured for 10 years, which, unbeknownst to them, prevent proper parking from taking place.
- Check for Ford compliance to federal safety standards. Does your vehicle satisfy the auto industry’s minimum standard for safety? Are all vehicle components of acceptable quality and compatible with the general framework of the model, according to DMVs and other auto agencies? These are important questions that must be answered since they revolve around the personal safety and security of occupants from accidental death or serious injury.
- Ensure buyer confidence. Regardless of what party you belong to during an auto buy & sell transaction, running a recall check on your Ford can help you spot any issues that may affect its reliability and maintenance.
- Resolve issues promptly. Don’t panic! A recall is a reason to be cautious but it does not necessarily mean that you are in immediate danger. However, a recall should be taken seriously. You would want to know if there is an issue and get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
Unravel the full vehicle history with a Ford Recall Check now: