Kia Recall Check
Like many Japanese car brands, Kia enjoys a reputation for reliability. Generally, they offer excellent vehicles that can be convincing enough with a mere glance. Still, that does not mean you should be complacent with what you receive. Used cars, even Kia models, can be a source of constant headache, but both brand new and secondhand cars, no matter how refined, can still suffer from a host of manufacturing defects. At any rate, you should lookup Kia safety recall details before purchasing. Luckily for you, VinCheck.info’s free VIN check also serves as a recall search. You can check on any Kia units as much as you like without any deduction from your credit or debit card. It is a guaranteed no-cost service.
How do I check if my Kia has a recall?
Look for your Kia VIN:
Enter the 17-digit vehicle identification number:
A Kia Recall check by VinCheck.info covers:
|Recalls and defects|
|Car report summary|
What does a Ford recall announcement include?
Wondering what to look for when there is a Kia safety recall? With Kia recall check, you will know the following:
- NHTSA Campaign Number: Another term for Kia safety recall identification number
- Summary: This tackles important details in a nutshell like the model names and years of affected vehicles, the dealerships and manufacturing plants of recalled cars, the specific component(s) associated with a safety risk or fail to meet minimum safety standards, among others
- Consequences: the adverse effects and potential negative outcomes of a vehicular issue
- Remedy: the manner in which the problem would be resolved, for example, if a defect should be repaired or replaced, or if a defective vehicle should be refunded. This also includes the steps to follow in coordinating with Kia.
How should I contact Kia about an open recall?
For more information regarding recalls:
- Kia Recall Hotline: 1-800-333-4KIA (4542)
Lookup the VIN on Kia recall search to receive any recall head ups about your Kia car. This may be related to the tires, seats, equipment and other vehicle items.
- NHTSA: National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)
How do I fix a Kia recall?
Kia may contact you via mail or by other means to inform you of any ongoing Kia safety recall. Make sure you follow their safety guidelines for operating your Kia vehicle. Contact any Kia local dealership if you think your recalled vehicle is qualified for a free repair. You can find the nearest one in your location by visiting Kia dealer page.
What are the latest Kia recalls?
Kia, despite long years in the auto industry, is not immune to a number of recalls for different issues:
|295,000 Kia cars are in danger of catching fire due to an issue in engine compartment||2012 Kia Sportage|
2012 – 2013 Kia Sorento
2012 – 2015 Kia Forte
2012 – 2015 Kia Forte Koup
2011 – 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
2014 – 2015 Kia Soul
|Recalled Kia vehicles are afflicted with a combination of hazards like engine noise, oil leaks and smoke that can potentially cause a fire in the engine compartment.||A Kia spokesperson is scheduled to notify owners on January 27, 2021. Kia dealers are expected to inspect the engine compartments of Kia vehicles mentioned by recall. If necessary, they will conduct free repairs and potentially replace engines.|
|About 229,000 Kia vehicles are at risk of electrical short and fire.||2006 – 2010 Kia Sedona minivans|
2007 – 2009 Kia Sorento SUVs
|Moisture may develop dangerously close to the brake computer. The water may turn into water and enter the system, causing electrical short that may lead to fire.||Kia has advised owners to park their Kia cars outside and away from structures, other vehicles and potential hazards until the problem is resolved.|
|About 378,967 Kia Soul models contain a faulty catalytic converter that may lead to fire.||2012 – 2016 Kia Soul||A faulty catalytic converter may overheat, damage the pistons and puncture the engine, which may lead to oil leaking and making contact with hot vehicle parts, causing them to burn||Kia said that authorized dealers can resolve the issue with affected Kia cars by upgrading the catalytic converter. If it is already too late for that and there is considerable damage, the affected parts can be replaced without cost. If the issue has already been fixed by the owner, owners can be eligible for reimbursement of the repair cost.|
|More than 340,000 Kia Soul SUVs (including the EV variant) were listed under a recall campaign for having a defect in the steering system.||2015 Kia Soul|
2015 Kia Soul EV
|The pinion plug of the steering gear is not firmly attached. Over time, it may cause the gear to separate from the steering assembly, increasing the chances of a vehicle crash.||Kia dealers will fix any problem that stems from the manufacturing defect. They will inspect and repair the pinion plug. If the need arises, they can also replace the entire steering gear assembly free of charge. Kia owners who already resolve the problem on their own can expect reimbursement for the cost of the first repair.|
|A total of 106,428 units of 2017 Kia Sedona were reported to have a faulty power sliding door.||2017 Kia Sedona||There were reports that the power sliding door does not automatically reverse at times due to a software error. In some Kia units, the function is unavailable.||Owners of recalled Kia vehicles must schedule an appointment with an eligible Kia dealership to resolve the problem. Their technicians are expected to restore the functionality at no cost to the owners.|
Is my Kia affected by the Takata Airbag Recall?
Kia is among the well-known Japanese brands that were included in the largest airbag recall in history. Of the 33.8 million vehicles that were recalled so far, about 507,000 of them were Kias. The Takata Airbag Recall is a big deal because of the huge volume of affected vehicles that are at significant risk of deadly airbags. The bags can potentially explode upon deployment due to long-term exposure to high heat and humidity.
Currently, there are five 2010 to 2013 Kia models that are part of the Takata recall campaign. Owners of affected vehicles are expected to receive a notification from Kia by mail. They may also coordinate with Kia Customer Service at 800-333-4542 to fix the problem.
|Model||Model Years Covered|
|Kia Forte||2010 – 2013|
|Kia Forte Koup||2010 – 2013|
|Kia Optima||2011 – 2013|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||2011 – 2012|
|Kia Sedona||2011 – 2012|
Can I search recalls for a Kia using a license plate number?
No VIN? No worries! Instead of the VIN, you can check the license plate number of any Kia car. Doing this will allow you to locate and uncover its digital records, which include the vehicle history report and the defects identified by ongoing Kia safety recalls. VinCheck.info’s free license plate lookup works wonders by linking you to the VIN associated with a Kia vehicle, featuring a full car report filled with relevant information.
Run a Recall Lookup by License Plate Number:
Why should I run a Kia Recall Check?
No matter how hard they try, sometimes, the inescapable fact of human error can get in the way of customer satisfaction. There will be unforeseen troubles, such are the case of unexpected Ford safety recalls. Kia owners, buyers and sellers will all benefit from the knowledge of recalled vehicles.
- Check for Kia safety defects. In 2020 alone, Kia had issued recalls for 295,000 vehicles because of the fire risk their engines pose. It is just one among the many Kia safety recalls being issued in the past. There might be more to come as more hidden defects are discovered.
- Check for Kia compliance to federal safety standards. Autos of any type should meet the minimum safety standard worthy of consumer respect. As the country strives to minimize injuries and fatalities from road accidents, safety must never take a back seat and always remain a top priority.
- Ensure buyer confidence. Buyers, sellers and car owners. Heck, even credit agencies, insurance and other third parties can benefit from the knowledge of Kia recalls. They can help in whatever evaluation that can be done in a car, spot issues to its reliability and maintenance.
- Resolve issues promptly. A recall’s urgency is often dependent on the severity of a manufacturing defect. A Kia recall also does not automatically imply danger. Regardless, a Kia safety recall is something that should not be taken for granted. You would want to know if there is an issue and get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
Unravel the full vehicle history of your Kia vehicle with a Kia Recall Check: