Mazda Recall Check
It’s important to find out if the car you’re driving may be facing an open recall. A Mazda recall check will help you be aware of any recalls that need your attention. If your vehicle has a safety recall that hasn’t been fixed, it may be unsafe to drive. Run a free recall check with VinCheck.info to check for any recalls.
How do I check if my Mazda has a recall?
Look for your Mazda VIN:
Enter the 17-digit vehicle identification number:
A Mazda Recall check by VinCheck.info covers:
|Recalls and defects|
|Car report summary|
What does a Mazda recall announcement include?
If there are recalls for your Mazda, check the following:
- NHTSA Campaign Number: identification number assigned to a recall
- Summary: details of the recall such as the vehicles covered, where the vehicles were sold or registered, the issue or part that may pose a safety risk or fail to meet minimum safety standards
- Consequences: how the recall may compromise the operation and safety of the vehicle
- Remedy: how the problem can be fixed (repair, replacement or refund) and how to contact Mazda for assistance
How should I contact Mazda about an open recall?
For more information regarding recalls:
- Mazda Recall Hotline: (800) 222-5500
You may also check recall information for safety and defects at the official Mazda Owners website
- NHTSA: National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236)
How do I fix a Mazda recall?
A recall notice is issued to owners of the affected Mazda vehicles.You can also search for recalls using your VIN or license plate number at the Mazda Recall Information Center website. If your vehicle is recalled, contact your local dealership to fix the recalled part for free.
What are the latest Mazda recalls?
Vehicle recalls can consist of any type of defect. These Mazda cars are included in latest recalls due to a safety defect or not meeting the quality standards, and need to be repaired or replaced.
|Power liftgate problem||2020-2021 CX-30||In high-ambient temperature conditions, power liftgate can unexpectedly lower partially when parked uphill on a slope. If a person is in the back and unexpectedly hits the liftgate, it could cause injury.||Owners will be notified by Mazda not later than April 19, 2021. Dealers will update the liftgate control modules with new software for free and, if necessary, replace the drive units with updated parts. This will all be done free of charge.|
|Front brake caliper issue||2020 CX-30|
|Front brake caliper bolts may loosen and fall off which could interfere with wheel rotation, reducing the brake performance. This could result in loss of vehicle control and increases the risk of a crash.||Dealers will inspect and tighten bolts on the front brakes with no cost to owners.|
|Faulty automatic emergency braking system||2019-2020 Mazda3||The incorrect programming of the Smart Brake System (SBS) may cause the vehicle to falsely detect an obstacle while driving, activating the automatic emergency braking system. Suddenly stopping the vehicle unexpectedly increases the risk of a crash.||Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will update the SBS software free of charge.|
Is my Mazda affected by the Takata Airbag Recall?
There are millions of vehicles on the road today with an open safety recall involving Takata airbags. The defective airbags could explode when deployed in the event of a crash and may injure or kill vehicle occupants.
There have been a number of recalls for Mazda vehicles relating to Takata airbag inflators. The following models and model years have been affected. If your vehicle is on the list, please call your local dealer and schedule an appointment to have your vehicle repaired as soon as possible.
|Model||Model Years Covered|
Can I search recalls for a Mazda using a license plate number?
Use the license plate number to look up recall information for your Mazda vehicle at VinCheck.info’s free car license plate search tool.
Run a Recall Lookup by License Plate Number:
Why should I run a Mazda Recall Check?
When buying a new or used car, you want to make sure you’re getting a safe and dependable vehicle that will keep you safe on the road.
- Check for Mazda safety defects. You need to know if your Mazda needs repairs due to a safety recall. If a safety recall is still open, you may be advised not to drive the car until it’s fixed.
- Check for Mazda compliance to federal safety standards. It’s important that owners check to see if their vehicles meet the minimum safety requirements to avoid vehicle crashes, making the roads safer for everyone.
- Determine the car’s value. It can reveal if the vehicle has outstanding recalls that need immediate attention and if previous recalls have been addressed properly.
- It can help you identify a hidden problem. A recall may be issued on your vehicle. With Mazda recall check, you can find open recalls to see specific issues with your car.
Unravel the full story of your vehicle with a Mazda Recall Check now: