Cadillac was created from the assets of Henry Ford Company when Henry Ford left it in 1902. Henry M. Leland, an engineer from an auto parts builder, named the company after French explorer Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac who founded Detroit, Michigan. In 1909, the General Motors (GM) conglomerate acquired Cadillac and made it GM’s prestige division to manufacture large luxury vehicles that appealed more to older consumers.
One of oldest American auto brands, Cadillac is still going strong today as the most prestigious and celebrated luxury brand in the United States auto industry. Cadillac has updated and expanded its roster of vehicles with SUVs, coupes, sedans, and crossovers that are true to the brand’s reputation for quality, performance and innovation.
Here are some interesting facts about Cadillac:
- Cadillac Osceola was the auto industry’s first concept car and the first closed-body car mass produced in America.
- United States is the largest market for the brand, but China is fast becoming its largest market. Year-to-date sales of 80,557 in China have beaten current year-to-date sales 72,073 in the United States as of July 2017.
- Cadillac luxury vehicles are sold in 35 other markets, including Canada.
- Cadillac has won the Motor Trend Car of the Year award five times, with the Cadillac CTS winning in 2008 and 2014.
- Cadillac Escalades’ popularity in rap songs and videos boosted US sales in 2002 with an 84 percent increase, according to Auto Trends magazine.
Popular models from Cadillac include:
1. Cadillac Escalade SUV & ESV
2. Cadillac XT5 Crossover
3. Cadillac ATS
4. Cadillac ATS-V
5. Cadillac CTS
6. Cadillac CTS-V
7. Cadillac CT6
8. Cadillac XTS
Resources for Cadillac enthusiasts:
1. Official Cadillac Website
2. Cadillac Owner’s Manual and Warranty Information
3. Cadillac Safety Ratings
4. Cadillac Recalls
5. Cadillac Market Values
6. Cadillac Reviews
Why should I run a Cadillac VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Cadillac VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.