Nebraska License Plate Lookup
All motor vehicles must be titled and registered before driven on the roads and highways of Nebraska. Vehicles are registered at the Motor Vehicle Office in the county where the applicant resides.
VinCheck.info offers free license plate lookup that will reveal past ownership, title information, liens, odometer reading and salvage records. Search license plates registered in the state of Nebraska:
Nebraska License Plates & Placards
Registrations in the State of Nebraska are issued at the Motor Vehicle Office in the county where the applicant resides.
All motor vehicles registered in Nebraska are issued two license plates, to be displayed on the front and back of the vehicle.
One license plate is issued for apportionable vehicles, buses, dealers, minitrucks, motorcycles, special interest motor vehicles, trailers, and truck-tractors.
If your license plates or validation stickers are lost, stolen, or damaged, you may apply for a replacement at your local county treasurer’s office or contact the Nebraska DMV at (402) 471-3918.
Types of Nebraska License Plates
There are different types of specialty plates available in Nebraska which may be ordered using the Online Specialty Plate System:
- Special Use
Transferring of License Plates in Nebraska
You may transfer your old license plates to a new vehicle that is registered in your name, your spouse’s name, or your domestic partner’s name.
More Resources for Nebraska Drivers:
- Nebraska Driver’s License
- Nebraska Vehicle Registration
- Nebraska License Plate Renewal
- Nebraska Motor Vehicle Titles
- Nebraska Vehicle Registration Fees and Taxes
- Nebraska Driver’s Manuals
Buying a used car in Nebraska? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free License Plate Lookup for your Nebraska-registered vehicle!
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Free Nebraska License Plate Lookup to uncover the full-story of your Nebraska-registered vehicle.