Free Mississippi VIN Check
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Mississippi Title Request
Run a vehicle title check through Records Inquiry at the official Mississippi Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle e-Services website.
Enter a VIN or a title number to retrieve title information. This is a fee-based service that requires a $95 annual fee for subscribers and a $6 per-record fee for non-subscribers.
Mississippi Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Mississippi is a state located in the southern region of the United States. It is the 32nd most populous state, with a population of approximately 2,988,726 people. The Capital of Mississippi is Jackson, and the state is divided among 82 counties spanning 48,430 square miles. Mississippi was the 20th state to join union in December 10, 1817. The largest cities in Mississippi are Jackson, Gulfport, Southaven, Hattiesburg, Biloxi, Meridian, Tupelo, Olive Branch, Horn Lake, and Pearl.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 840,737
- Mississippi Highway Safety Office’s recent Annual Report stated there were a total of 543 fatal crashes in 2014 alone.
- Total fatalities decreased from 613 in 2013 to 607 in 2014.
- Accidents which resulted in injuries totaled to 25,357.
- There were a total of 279 alcohol impaired driving fatalities.
- Speeding-related fatalities decreased from 113 in FY13 to 96 in FY15.
- There were a total of 279 unrestrained seatbelt fatalities. (45%).
- The motor vehicle theft rate for Mississippi in 2016 was 144.7 thefts for every 100,000 inhabitants. On average, there were 11.8 motor vehicles stolen per day.
- The likelihood of natural disasters in Mississippi is quite high as the climate and location is susceptible to weather related disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding.
Why should I run a Mississippi VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Mississippi VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.