Mississippi is a state located in the southern region of the United States. It is the 32nd most populous state, with a population of approximately 2,988,726 people. The Capital of Mississippi is Jackson, and the state is divided among 82 counties spanning 48,430 square miles. Mississippi was the 20th state to join union in December 10, 1817.
The largest cities in Mississippi include:
8. Olive Branch
9. Horn Lake
A recent Mississippi Highway Safety Office Annual Report stated there were a total of 543 fatal crashes in 2014 alone. Additional information from this report includes:
1. Total fatalities decreased from 613 in 2013 to 607 in 2014.
2. Accidents which resulted in injuries totaled to 25,357.
3. There were a total of 279 alcohol impaired driving fatalities.
4. Speeding-related fatalities decreased from 113 in FY13 to 96 in FY15.
5. There were a total of 279 unrestrained seatbelt fatalities. (45%).
Resources for Mississippi drivers:
1. Mississippi Department of Motor Vehicles
2. Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
3. Vehicle Safety Ratings
4. Vehicle Recalls by VIN
5. Automotive Market Values
6. Automotive Reviews
Why should I run a Mississippi VIN Check?
1. Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
2. Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
3. Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
4. Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Mississippi VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.