Free Carfax Report Alternative
Get a free alternative to a Carfax report from VinCheck.Info. Run a free VIN lookup. Start your search for a used car, truck or SUV by verifying its vehicle history. Check vehicle data instantly for over 268 million registered vehicles in the United States to confirm if you have found the best deal:
Enter your 17-digit VIN above to pull up a report similar to a free Carfax report that covers serious accidents, title brands, theft, recalls, special designation, and more. Or you can search our database using the license plate number if you have it:
VinCheck.info aims to meet the needs of buyers who want to run a VIN check on their own as well as those who want to compare results with data obtained from sellers.
How to Get a Free Carfax Report
Buying a used car is a great option to consider although the process can be stressful. Due to rampant scams associated with used car buying, knowing the vehicle history prior to purchase becomes essential. With the wealth of vehicle data now available, you can get a free report for the car you want from providers like Carfax and VinCheck.Info. There are some ways you might be able to get a free CarFax report which we have outlined below.
Ways to Get a Free Carfax Report
Here are different ways to obtain a vehicle report from Carfax for free.
- Shop at the Carfax used car listing site where every car listed comes with a free vehicle history.
- Visit online car listing sites like Cars.com and AutoTrader which may offer free Carfax for some used cars.
- Visit the dealer’s website and look for links to Carfax histories. If you don’t see a link, you may ask the dealer to provide you with a free Carfax report for a car you are interested in.
Free Carfax Resources for Owners and Buyers
You may also want to sign up for a free Carfax account to access the following resources for your own vehicle or a possible future vehicle:
- Airbag Check searches the Carfax database to verify if an airbag deployment was reported for a vehicle.
- Odometer Fraud Check verifies if a vehicle had its odometer tampered and rolled back, making it potentially unsafe.
- Branded Title Check verifies if a vehicle has been given permanent title mark or a title brand because it has been severely damaged by a fire, crash, flood, or its odometer has been tampered with.
- Flooded Car Check verifies if a flood-related title brand was reported to Carfax for a vehicle.
Click on the links provided above to go to a Carfax page where you can enter your VIN and email address to create a free account.
What VinCheck.Info Provides and Why it is Free
All it takes to run a vehicle history report at VinCheck.Info is the car’s VIN. You should be able to get the VIN regardless of where you are shopping for a used car. Most, if not all, online used car listings give the VIN of each car they are offering. You may run a VIN lookup here for free whether you are checking out a used car recommended by a friend or offered by a private seller or a dealer.
On a mission to make comprehensive vehicle history reports available to as many consumers as possible, VinCheck.Info offers a 100% free VIN check with advertisers covering the cost. We are essentially breaking the traditional paywall around VIN checks so you can run a VIN check when you need it. We believe in empowering consumers to use the latest data delivery technology to compare and contrast used car offerings at leisure.
Ultimately, our goal is to make sure you are protected from fraud and unsafe vehicles, and to help prevent the resale of stolen cars.
Getting Your Free Vehicle History Report Here and Now
At VinCheck.Info, you can get an alternative to a free Carfax report by simply getting the VIN from any used car listing or private seller or dealer of your choice and paste it here.