Free VIN Report for Used Dodge Vehicles
Ranked fourth based on 2016 domestic production, Dodge is an American automobile brand manufactured by Fiat Chrysler. Only Dodge Caravan and Dodge Journey are produced in the United States, representing 27 percent of the total production. Run our free VIN check and search over 8 million of Dodge vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Dodge Recall Lookup
Fiat Chrysler has recalled 297,000 Dodge Grand Caravans with improperly installed wirings, according to The Car Magazine. Dodge’s parent company said that these wirings may rub up against parts of steering wheels, causing wires to short circuit and airbags to deploy unintentionally. This has nothing to do with the Takata airbag recall involving over 34 million vehicles including Dodge vehicles.
Watch out for any vehicle risk! In addition to running a free VIN check, you can search for any open recall associated with your VIN using the official Dodge Recall Lookup page below:
If there are any pending recalls for your vehicle, contact any authorized Dodge dealership to properly address any underlying issue. These can usually be repaired free of charge.
Other Resources for Dodge
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Dodge vehicles include:
- Dodge Owner’s Manual (from The Dodge Website)
- Dodge Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dodge Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Dodge Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Dodge Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Dodge
Dodge (originally named Dodge Brothers Company) was an auto parts and assemblies supplier founded by Horace Elgin Dodge and John Francis Dodge in the early 1900s. In 1928, several years after the Dodge brothers died, Chrysler eventually acquired the company. As a Chrysler division, Dodge built mostly full-sized passenger cars and trucks, but they also built compact cars and midsize cars in the 1970s.
After a series of ownership changes, Chrysler became FCA US LLC. and Dodge remains as an American brand of SUVs, sports cars, super cars, muscle cars minivans, and sedans built by Chrysler. Initially a mid-price brand, Dodge now includes lower-priced Chrysler-badged vehicles and performance cars.
Interesting facts about Dodge:
- Dodge built some of the most recognizable American cars, such as the 1970 Dodge Charger (one of the most venerated cars of its time) and Dodge Caravan (the first model of its class).
- Dodge built its reputation today as a muscle car brand starting with affordable sports cars for different markets in the 1960s, including Dodge Dart GTS and Dodge Coronet.
- In 2016, the Dodge Durango earned the Consumer Guide Automotive’s Best Buy Award in the Large SUV segment for the fourth consecutive year.
- In 2017, the Dodge Charger earned ALG’s Residual Value Award for the third consecutive year. The award recognizes outstanding vehicles based on quality, long-term reliability and strong desirability.
- In 2010, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles created Ram Trucks as another division by spinning it off from the Dodge brand’s line of pickup trucks which are now branded as Ram Trucks.
Popular models from Dodge include:
Why should I run a Dodge VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: