Dodge (originally named Dodge Brothers Company) was an auto parts and assemblies supplier founded by Horace Elgin Dodge and John Francis Dodge in the early 1900s. In 1928, several years after the Dodge brothers died, Chrysler eventually acquired the company. As a Chrysler division, Dodge built mostly full-sized passenger cars and trucks, but they also built compact cars and midsize cars in the 1970s.
After a series of ownership changes, Chrysler became FCA US LLC and Dodge remains as an American brand of SUVs, sports cars, super cars, muscle cars minivans, and sedans built by Chrysler. Dodge was initially a mid-price brand, but its lineup now includes lower-priced Chrysler-badged vehicles and performance cars.
Here are some interesting facts about Dodge:
- Dodge built some of the most recognizable American cars, such as the 1970 Dodge Charger (one of the most venerated cars of its time) and Dodge Caravan, the first model of its class.
- Dodge built its reputation today as a muscle car brand starting with affordable sports cars for different markets in 1960s, including Dodge Dart GTS and Dodge Coronet.
- In 2016, the Dodge Durango earned Consumer Guide Automotive’s Best Buy Award in the Large SUV segment for the fourth consecutive year.
- In 2017, the Dodge Charger earned ALG’s Residual Value Award for the third consecutive year. The award recognizes outstanding vehicles based on quality, long-term reliability and strong desirability.
- In 2010, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles created Ram Trucks as another division by spinning it off from the Dodge brand’s line of pickup trucks which are now branded as Ram Trucks
Popular models from Dodge include:
1. Dodge Journey
2. Dodge Charger
3. Dodge Dart
4. Dodge Challenger
5. Dodge Grand Caravan
6. Dodge Durango
7. Dodge Viper
8. Dodge Colt
9. Dodge Stratus
10. Dodge Intrepid
Why should I run a Dodge VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Dodge VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.